• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stuff people eat with chips

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    What's the weather like in Denmark this morning then?
    Aye,

grand.
    Last edited by gricerboy; 12 December 2010, 10:11.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      What's for pudding?
      You only get pudding if you finish your first course!

as said by a barmaid when we were struggling with a corned beef hash filled Yorkshire pudding.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
        Yes but I don't think that's in anyway related to my taste in chips.

This place I go does the American style "homefries" - big chunky ones with the skins left on. Really good dusted in either icing sugar or cinnamon. You just have to think of it as a sweet snack rather than a savoury one.
        Who's got the sick bucket????

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          Where have you been in Holland where you've had to speak Dutch?
          Even the homeless over there speak perfect English and take away proprietors/staff speak better English than their UK counterparts
          Immigrants. Believe it or not I've come across Indians here on the mainland who cannot speak English, but can speak the local lingo.

Comment

Actually French Fries are fine with sweet accompaniments, thin crisp ones anyway... they are fairly taste-neutral and tend to be salty, which means they can be dipped in sweet stuff. Just the same as bread can be used with jam or ham... it's a bit pointless but not disgusting per se.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Frites (Belgian style) with Mayo

Chip shop chips with salt (please no vinegar)

Though if it's steak and chips, nothing beats a bearnaise sauce, mmmmmmm
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

The nastiest thing I've ever come across is that Lancashire (or at least Wigan / Bolton) delicacy of chips and pea wet. For the unenlightened, pea wet is the thin green liquid that drains from mushy peas. As in, 'Do you want some wet on that, luv?'

Urban Dictionary: pea wet

Dirty, dirty b@stards.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  The nastiest thing I've ever come across is that Lancashire (or at least Wigan / Bolton) delicacy of chips and pea wet. For the unenlightened, pea wet is the thin green liquid that drains from mushy peas. As in, 'Do you want some wet on that, luv?'

Dirty, dirty b@stards.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post

Dirty, dirty b@stards.
                    Totally agree - that is beyond minging!!

Chips and Mayo - delish.

Chips and Coleslaw - even more delish.

Chips and Cheesy Coleslaw - super delish.

All with Salt & Vinegar.

Another wierd thing - at home, Chippies are called Chippers, people still look at me a bit odd when I refer to them as that.
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                      Totally agree - that is beyond minging!!

Chips and Mayo - delish.

Chips and Coleslaw - even more delish.

Chips and Cheesy Coleslaw - super delish.

All with Salt & Vinegar.

Another wierd thing - at home, Chippies are called Chippers, people still look at me a bit odd when I refer to them as that.
                      Mmmm, Enzo's chipper in Ennis.

Comment

Working...
                      X