• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stuff people eat with chips

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    Agreed, had battered Pollock and Chips a few weeks ago. You could instantly tell they'd been cooked in dripping. I am not joking, the meal was memorable!
    Jackson Pollock. Seems a waste
    of a good painting.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      I thought it was only the Dutch who had that thing about mayo on chips? It's definitely not a traditional thing, even as far south as Bath. Sounds to me like you've been visiting too many chip shops that cater for people who've picked up fancy foreign ways on coach tours and package holidays.
      Belgians and French seems to have a thing for chips with mayo

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      If you're ever going to the The Netherlands, there's one important phrase to remember: patat zonder ("fries without"). Trot that out, and you'll escape having that wretched mayo (fritessaus to be precise) contaminating your chips
      Where have you been in Holland where you've had to speak Dutch?
      Even the homeless over there speak perfect English and take away proprietors/staff speak better English than their UK counterparts
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

What about kebab pizza... is that regional or national?

ps: salt on, then vinegar to wash it through, then more salt on top to replace the stuff washed away.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          ps: salt on, then vinegar to wash it through, then more salt on top to replace the stuff washed away.
          ^WHS and nothing else!

Comment

What about kebab pizza... is that regional or national?
            Ooh, spicy mince pizza from the kebab shop. Wasn't on the menu they made it for me - the 17" version every Saturday afer the pub closed. GF at the time used to pick me up, I'd hold the pizza box out of the window to cool it down quickly so I could get at it. The car used to stink of it for days.
            Me, me, me...

Comment

We get spicy mince too - although even Dominoes has that on the menu now. On the kebab front there are several versions:
              1. A regular pizza with kebab used as topping. Kebab may be under cheese, or just dropped on top after the pizza is finished. Normally lots of chillies/jalapeños.
              2. Same but using chilli sauce as the pizza base rather than plain tomato
              3. A garlic bread (12") with an entire doner kebab on top. Literally... kebab meat, salad and garlic sauce all just dropped on top of a garlic bread in a little mound, squashed shut by the lid.

Comment

We get spicy mince too - although even Dominoes has that on the menu now. On the kebab front there are several versions:
                1. A regular pizza with kebab used as topping. Kebab may be under cheese, or just dropped on top after the pizza is finished. Normally lots of chillies/jalapeños.
                2. Same but using chilli sauce as the pizza base rather than plain tomato
                3. A garlic bread (12") with an entire doner kebab on top. Literally... kebab meat, salad and garlic sauce all just dropped on top of a garlic bread in a little mound, squashed shut by the lid.
                It all started when I wanted something other than a kebab. The only cheese I can eat is mozarella and at that time almost all fast food places used cheddar or a mix of cheddar and mozarella so that was a showstopper for pizza.

After chatting to the guys about this they said they'd do a pizza without cheese hence the spicy mince. An excellent variation was chicken dopiaza.

I still miss those.
                Me, me, me...

Comment

And don't forget the classic up this way. Some chippies still deep fry pizzas
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

^ Wrong in so many ways

Comment

For sheer horribleness:

tmboughen - The 33000 calorie sandwich

The 30,000 Calorie Sandwich

On regional stereotypes, has anyone had a deep-fried Mars bar?

Comment

Working...
                      X