• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is there anything more weak-minded and meaningless than having "faith"?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good thread! can you keep it going for a little while longer before I clock off.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Like most thickos you confuse atheism and communism.
      Nope I'm on the money as always, you don't like your true agenda being exposed.

Comment

Originally posted by contractor79 View Post
        Nope I'm on the money as always, you don't like your true agenda being exposed.
        Communism is how Jesus and the disciples lived, no?
        Sharing everything, no possessions?
        I don't think Jesus aspired to a chariot with go-faster stripes and a good job in the Roman establishment, did he?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by kandr View Post
          Their beliefs cause millions to be murdered, raped, child mutilation etc, so yeah we will point out its a load of tulip and will try and convince the deluded that they are living based on a lie.
          I love how confirmed atheists try and make out that all of the problems in the world are to do with religion and nothing to do with people in general having a strong ability of being a complete ***** to one another when it suits them.
          Take away religion and all the murders, rapes, genocides still would have happened, just the motivational methods to make people do them would have been different.
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

I don't think Jesus aspired to a chariot with go-faster stripes and a good job in the Roman establishment, did he?
            Wonder if he ever got headhunted?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Communism is how Jesus and the disciples lived, no?
              Sharing everything, no possessions?
              if you don't work you don't eat, read the Bible

communist nutjobs love giving money to lazy bums

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                I love how confirmed atheists try and make out that all of the problems in the world are to do with religion and nothing to do with people in general having a strong ability of being a complete ***** to one another when it suits them.
                Take away religion and all the murders, rapes, genocides still would have happened, just the motivational methods to make people do them would have been different.
                Well said.

Usually people are confirmed atheists because they hate one of their parents, schoolteachers who were religious. In some famous atheist cases they had been abused by a parent/teacher/priest as a child- sad they couldn't deal with the real issue and take it out on everyone religious really.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Sas demonstrates in this thread a prime example of taking a little knowledge, twisting it into a lie for his own motives, and then claiming it as verifiable fact. Whether it's through stupidity or malice, this is a pattern we see through history... religious people doing harm in "the name of God", secular folk use the same tool to spread misinformation.
                  Originally posted by kandr View Post
                  Yeah I agree, Christians will kill each other because they disagree on which is the best type of Christianity (see Northern Ireland for recent example), none of this warm and fuzzy stuff.
                  See above. They kill each other because they're jerks raised in an atmosphere of hate. Religion is really just the particular thing their hate has crystallized around, just as others use politics or birthplace or football team as an excuse.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

take away religion and all the murders, rapes, genocides still would have happened, just the motivational methods to make people do them would have been different.
                    They kill each other because they're jerks raised in an atmosphere of hate.
                    Absolutely, things that happen are down to human nature. It is true that some religious creeds are used to to justify violence and repression but that applies to non religious ideas too. I think the biggest mass murderer the world has known by far was Mao Tse Tung, followed by Stalin.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by contractor79 View Post
                      Well said.

Usually people are confirmed atheists because they hate one of their parents, schoolteachers who were religious. In some famous atheist cases they had been abused by a parent/teacher/priest as a child- sad they couldn't deal with the real issue and take it out on everyone religious really.
                      I've just had a call from David Icke, he's missing you on his forum. You'll be needing this it's cold outside.
                      Last edited by SupremeSpod; 7 December 2010, 17:43.

Comment

Working...
                      X