• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Posters who've had loony partners

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Tony, you should have realised that sooner or later you'd find out that if you are "English", then you are to blame for everything.

That's obvioulsy why we were so popular in the sticks outside Aberdeen before they moved to Ireland! Can't hid the Englishness of my name - although it comes from Ireland.

At one time, in the tiny part of Mayo where my mum and dad live, before my uncle Tony died, in a family gettogether you could have got

Tony English - Me
    Tony English - My dad
    Tony English - my Dads uncle
    Tony English - my dads cousin
    Tony English - my dads nephew

and

Paddy English - my brother
    Paddy English - my uncle
    Paddy English - my dads cousin

I think my dads cousin has called one of his sons Paddy also!

Unfortunately my grandad died a long time ago, further reducing the Paddy English count!

Not very imaginiative when it comes to names us English's. My wife wouldn't let me call my son Tony so he's called James Anthony English
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
      That's obvioulsy why we were so popular in the sticks outside Aberdeen before they moved to Ireland! Can't hid the Englishness of my name - although it comes from Ireland.

At one time, in the tiny part of Mayo where my mum and dad live, before my uncle Tony died, in a family gettogether you could have got

Tony English - Me
      Tony English - My dad

and

Paddy English - my brother
      Paddy English - my uncle
      Paddy English - my dads cousin

I think my dads cousin has called one of his sons Paddy also!

Unfortunately my grandad died a long time ago, further reducing the Paddy English count!

Not very imaginiative when it comes to names us English's. My wife wouldn't let me call my son Tony so he's called James Anthony English
      That's Mayo for you... they are a strange breed. My Mam is from Mayo and she's a bit odd too.
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
        That's Mayo for you... they are a strange breed. My Mam is from Mayo and she's a bit odd too.
        She reads this forum btw...

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
          She reads this forum btw...
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
            Oi!!!!

Careful what you say about Mayo
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              Oi!!!!

Is Mayo anywhere near Nais?

Yeah, I know...

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                Oi!!!!

An essential ingredient in a BLT sandwich, and quite nice with frittes.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  Oh dear. A Belgian.
                  The second and last time I went to Belgium cost me €175, and I didn't even stop. They claim I was speeding, which given the traffic I was in at the time implies the speed limit on their motorways is in the region of 12km/h.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post

Tony English - Me
                    Tony English - My dad
                    yes, but those were only two different people.

Comment

Working...
                    X