• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Breaking news - iranian justice system won't stone female for adultary...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post

I'd prefer getting stoned I think...
    I think that's a capital offence is some countries.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Fake! Do your research rather that jumping to conclusions. AtW
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Because in USA they can get fair trial without having lawyer to run away, without press orders forbidding to talk about the process in the first place etc.
        A couple of links. One about an execution that should not have happened and another to make you feel the USA's death penalty policy is unsafe at best.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Why is her case different from the woman who was executed a few weeks ago in the USA for murdering her husband?
          That stinks too but as to the difference, it depends on the truth of what is variously reported a) She was tortured into a confession b) She was never charged with murder and that this is just a switch from the stoning c) She had no representation.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            That stinks too but as to the difference, it depends on the truth of what is variously reported a) She was tortured into a confession b) She was never charged with murder and that this is just a switch from the stoning c) She had no representation.
            Lord, I'm agreeing with xoggoth today.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
              You are confusing rare mistakes that are KNOWN because stuff is not hidden, with general system behavior - I'd rather go on trial in USA than in Iran, most Iranians would if they had a choice (and knew the difference in systems).

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                Actually, I don't think you can compare someone being cheated on - however painful, with physical and/or mental abuse.
                I think that being cheated on can compare with mental abuse, in fact it can be a part of the abuse. IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                  I think that being cheated on can compare with mental abuse, in fact it can be a part of the abuse. IMO.
                  Yeah what if your wife is banging 5 men as you walk in after a 10 hour shift.

Comment

Originally posted by kandr View Post
                    Are you allowed to watch?

Comment

Originally posted by kandr View Post
                      Everyone needs a hobby.
                      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                      X