• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Breaking news - iranian justice system won't stone female for adultary...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Butt out or say something constructive
    That isn't very constructive.

Comment

BTW, why don't you turn spell-checker on in Firefox?
      And if i won't, would that get me hanged under your laws?

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
        I understand the sentiment - if someone's being an arse in general, ditch 'em. But, some forms of mental abuse can be incredibly serious.
        Yeah I agree, but it's very difficult to prove such things, at the first sign of mental abuse you should be warning the person then if it happens again ditch the fecker.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          And if i won't, would that get me hanged under your laws?
          No, you'd have to marry him.

Comment

Why? It's a legal contract of sorts. If I beat my wife I can go to prison. Why not if I emotionally harm her through adultery?
            I think beating your wife is ok under their laws...

Comment

Originally posted by kandr View Post
              Yeah I agree, but it's very difficult to prove such things, at the first sign of mental abuse you should be warning the person then if it happens again ditch the fecker.
              In an ideal world, domestic violence wouldn't continue as the victim would leave at the first sign of it. Not always the case though.
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

They'll hang her instead ffs!

Authorities in Tehran, Iran, have given the go-ahead to execute a woman who initially was sentenced to death by stoning, according to an activist working on her behalf.

However, what method will be used to execute Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani is unclear, said Mina Ahadi, spokeswoman for the International Committee Against Stoning. The execution could happen as soon as Wednesday, she said, citing information received from a source in Tabriz, Iran, who is close to Ashtiani's family.

Ashtiani initially was sentenced to death by stoning for adultery. The Iranian government later said she was also convicted of murdering her husband, but her lawyer and family dispute that.

A letter from Tehran was delivered to the prison in Tabriz where Ashtiani is being held three days ago, Ahadi said, giving the go-ahead for Ashtiani's execution.

Ashtiani, 43 and a mother of two, drew international attention when she was sentenced to death by stoning. She concedes that she was convicted of adultery, as initially reported, but says she was acquitted of murder. "The man who actually killed my husband was identified and imprisoned, but he is not sentenced to death," she said in August.

Source: Report: Iranian authorities give go-ahead to execute woman - CNN.com
                She was convicted for murder as well as adultery, stoning was never an option. There has been a number of appeals. Why is her case different from the woman who was executed a few weeks ago in the USA for murdering her husband? The USA and Iran are highly publicising each others murder cases and executions at the moment. Both counties polices are barbaric
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I think beating your wife is ok under their laws...
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    No, you'd have to marry him.

I'd prefer getting stoned I think...

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                      She was convicted for murder as well as adultery
                      Murder appears to have been added later to placate the west - they want to kill her for adultery as they did many times before, those cases just never get out.

There has been a number of appeals.
                      Oh that's all right then...

Why is her case different from the woman who was executed a few weeks ago in the USA for murdering her husband?
                      Because in USA they can get fair trial without having lawyer to run away, without press orders forbidding to talk about the process in the first place etc.

Paddy you are a right - I wish you lived (briefly) in some of those states you support.

Comment

Working...
                      X