• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Breaking news - iranian justice system won't stone female for adultary...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Good question if we take it seriously. If I non-physically abuse my wife through our relationship, DOES our legal system consider this grounds for legal action? Anyone know?
    Now you're worried, aren't you?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      Insanity... for sleeping with me... How very dare you!
      I'm just jealous (but of whom?)

Comment

Actors Colin Firth, Emma Thompson, Robert Redford and Juliette Binoche have signed up to a campaign calling for her release.

Read more: Celebs pressure Iran on stoning | The Sun |News

Quite brave given they are a high profile target and often on public show.

Comment

Good question if we take it seriously. If I non-physically abuse my wife through our relationship, DOES our legal system consider this grounds for legal action? Anyone know?
          Nope and it shouldn't, if you are being emotionally abused in a relationship, then you SPLIT UP/GET DIVORCED, you cant go running to lawyers every-time, one person emotional abuse might be just banter to another.

Comment

Originally posted by kandr View Post
            It doesn't nor should it, relationships are based on trust and if someone breaks that trust then you have to deal with it, by either forgiving them or chucking them.
            Marriage isn't just a relationship, it's a formal legal agreement. Even if you remove religious overtones, it's a formal contract of some sort, no?
            If I work for a client with no contract in an ad-hoc way they can just say "no more work, bye". If I have a contract with them, they can face legal penalties if they breach promises made therein.

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            Now you're worried, aren't you?
            Butt out or say something constructive
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Nope and it shouldn't, if you are being emotionally abused in a relationship, then you SPLIT UP/GET DIVORCED
              I'm just going to wait for the CUK ladies to respond to that, I think. You're single, aren't you?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Marriage isn't just a relationship, it's a formal legal agreement. Even if you remove religious overtones, it's a formal contract of some sort, no?
                If I work for a client with no contract in an ad-hoc way they can just say "no more work, bye". If I have a contract with them, they can face legal penalties if they breach promises made therein.

Butt out or say something constructive
                Are you a complete moron, obviously yes, but let me explain this one more time, if you break the contract of marriage the other person can file for divorce, which usually involves financial and emotional pain for the adulterer.

Comment

Nope and it shouldn't, if you are being emotionally abused in a relationship, then you SPLIT UP/GET DIVORCED, you cant go running to lawyers every-time, one person emotional abuse might be just banter to another.
                  I understand the sentiment - if someone's being an arse in general, ditch 'em. But, some forms of mental abuse can be incredibly serious.
                  Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Is that the case with this lady? Or are you making the leap that people get sentenced to death (rather than lynched or whatever) because they consider adultery to include those definitions?
                    I don't care how they define "adultary" - it's not the crime that people should be hanged for. Divorce without any money should be maximum penalty for such things (if it is real adultary).

Comment

I'm just going to wait for the CUK ladies to respond to that, I think. You're single, aren't you?
                      Why? Can't you handle it on your own? Plastic sheets for you maboy.

Comment

Working...
                      X