• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Some people take this "Thatch" hatred too far

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    and here's another link with number 40,000

Staphylococcus aureus
    You do know that 25% to 30% of all people have MRSA occurring naturally in their membranes?

"S. aureus (which can lead to MRSA and others) is found almost everywhere in nature, on the skin and the upper respiratory tract of 25 to 30% of all people. Usually, it raises no symptoms"

Nowhere in that article does it say 40000 people died of MRSA in Germany. If you believe that you are even more of a moron than you appear.

Please take my sig to heart, it will help you to stop wasting time.

Last edited by sasguru; 26 October 2010, 10:51.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Its clear that we have one of the worst MRSA records in Europe ...

Britain near top of Europe’s MRSA league - Times Online
      MRSA infection : UK and Europe
      http://www.wyeth.co.uk/Portals/0/9%20January%202007.pdf
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        You really are too stupid to waste time debating with.
        I don't read german so I translated your article.

"Dortmund. Multimedia-resistant germs make wide in Germany's hospitals. In Dortmund, seven patients have died this year already of dangerous pathogens – total 24 MRSA cases were reported.

The death of three babies in the Mainz University Clinic sparked outrage and grief. Experts estimate annual nationwide up to 500,000 people with bacteria and viruses in clinics to infect. Up to 40 000 die by multi-resistant pathogens."

The 40,000 you talk about are the total number of people who die from viral and bacterial diseases, you absolute cretin.

The number who had MRSA, which is due to bad hygiene in hospitals, which is what we are debating here, is 24

HTH, but IDI.
        Oh dear Sasguru, you don't understand German. But it's ok that doesn't necessarily mean you're a complete cretin.

So 500,000 get infected with viruses and bacterial infections this is true, however:

Bis zu 40 000 sterben durch multiresistente Erreger
        That means

Up to 40 000 die because of MRSA

Never mind....try again.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          You do know that 25% to 30% of all people have MRSA occurring naturally in their membranes?

"S. aureus (which can lead to MRSA and others) is found almost everywhere in nature, on the skin and the upper respiratory tract of 25 to 30% of all people. Usually, it raises no symptoms"

Nowhere in that article does it say 40000 people died of MRSA in Germany. If you believe that you are even more of a moron than you appear.

Please take my sig to heart, it will help you to stop wasting time.

Auch die Deutsche Gesellschaft für Krankenhaushygiene schätzte 2009 etwa 40.000 Todesfälle jährlich
          Oh dear you must learn German because you're making a complete fool of yourself.

Last edited by BlasterBates; 26 October 2010, 11:02.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

MRSA lives up your beak - FACT
            Eating bogies immunises you from MRSA - FACT
            Bogies do not look like fannies - FACT
            And they are cheaper than Oysters - FACT

you know it makes sense

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              That means:

Up to 40 000 die because of MRSA
              No it doesn't. MRSA is a tiny subset of all resistant pathogens.

The article says "Bis zu 40 000 sterben durch multiresistente Erreger".

"Multiresistente Erreger" does NOT mean MHRA.

HTH, but IDI.

BlasterBates pwned.
              Last edited by sasguru; 26 October 2010, 11:11.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                I won't miss her and I don't forgive her...
                The same question I asked Alf W earlier on in this thread:

What state do you think the UK would be in now had Thatcher not made the reforms that she did?

Honest question.
                You won't be alerting anyone to anything with a mouthful of mixed seeds.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLabel View Post
                  The same question I asked Alf W earlier on in this thread:

What state do you think the UK would be in now had Thatcher not made the reforms that she did?

Honest question.
                  Unknowable - maybe like France? Some of the French think they need a Thatcher - most seemingly don't. BTW I am not stupid enough to claim everything she did was bad - and with me it's both a personal and idealogical dislike.
                  Unfortunately we can't make a sensible prediction of what would have happened without Thatcher - as someone pointed out before, but for the Falklands, things might have been very different anyway.

Comment

Unknowable - maybe like France? Some of the French think they need a Thatcher - most seemingly don't. BTW I am not stupid enough to claim everything she did was bad - and with me it's both a personal and idealogical dislike.
                    Unfortunately we can't make a sensible prediction of what would have happened without Thatcher - as someone pointed out before, but for the Falklands, things might have been very different anyway.
                    Have you met Margaret Thatcher?

Comment

what if? aka 'the counter-factual concept' in history. I used to do it as a historian - its about as much use as a global warming model

= fck all squared

(\__/)
                      (>'.'<)
                      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                      X