• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What time do you get up?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Up at 7:10, potter about have a bath, out of the door at 8:30, drive to clientco and arrive 9:20.

Leave at 6pm, arrive home around 7pm.

Not too bad.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

this morning up at 7, wake the kids, hour bike ride. back in the house for 8:30 brekkie and a long commute of 30 paces. Probably break about 4 for kids home then back till work till late.

this working from home is great.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        this morning up at 7, wake the kids, hour bike ride. back in the house for 8:30 brekkie and a long commute of 30 paces. Probably break about 4 for kids home then back till work till late.

this working from home is great.
        Alarm went off at 5.30 - snoozed for 15 mins then got up - left the house at 6.15, gym for 7am - office for 8.30.

I'm
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Up at 7am, commute down the stairs, fresh filtered coffee and fried egg and bacon or home made toast, read blogs/online papers, start work at 8am, outside for a cycle for an hour, quick homemade lunch, sunbathe for another hour (like today), back to work, dinner at 7pm, few more hours work then relax until 2am bed.

However, many years ago while contracting on a client site in Sussex, got up 5am, client gym at 6am, start work at 7am, leaving home at 4:30pm. No working from home - the bastards
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            Up at 7:10, potter about have a bath, out of the door at 8:30, drive to clientco and arrive 9:20.

Leave at 6pm, arrive home around 7pm.

Not too bad.

EVERY day?
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post

At my desk at 6:45 most work days.
              Yes yes. But what time do you WAKE up??

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Actually today the alarm went off at 5:00 and I left the house at 6:45 arriving at work at 9:30 (330km drive.) The rest of the week the alarm goes off at 6:30 and I'll probably get in around 9'ish (4km drive)
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Up at 5.40, train journey and at desk 8.45. Leave work at 5pm, train journey, home for 7.45pm.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    Actually today the alarm went off at 5:00 and I left the house at 6:45 arriving at work at 9:30 (330km drive.) The rest of the week the alarm goes off at 6:30 and I'll probably get in around 9'ish (4km drive)
                    Wow!

I knew there was a 5am at night, but not a 5am in the morning.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                      gym for 7am

and thrice
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X