• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What time do you get up?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    Monday 4am - leave home at 4.45 at me desk by about 7.50 - having stopped off for breckkie.
    Rest of the week 6.15 to 6.45. at me desk before 8.
    30 minutes up and out. thats impressive for a guinea pig. Is that in digs or a hotel ?

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

5.45am and a 2 hour commute every day.

Except when working from home, only a 2 second commute
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
        Up at 05:20. 2 hour commute each way. Working hours 07:30 to 17:00. Decent rate but always tired.
        feel your pain buddie

recently was doing a 2 hr commute to london, up at 5:45 outta the door 6:30, in the office 8:30 (good day) leave office 5:00/5:30

back home around 7:30 / 8:00

had a 6 week old when i started the contract so 12 months i couldn't get a complete nights sleep either

oh the joys of contracting

BUT

new contract is 6 miles down the road, in the office for 8:00 back home for 4:30

there is always light at the end of the tunnel

TIP: for staying awake bit of drum and bass every load in the car, wakes you up in the morning and keeps you alert in the evenings

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Up at 1am, 3am, 5am, 6am, 6.45am
          Knackered.
          Yeah, me too. Welcome to old age.
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            30 minutes up and out. thats impressive for a guinea pig. Is that in digs or a hotel ?

On Modays I have every thing ready in the spare room so I don't disturb anyone, the cars already packed I just get up shower and get dressed. I have breakfast when I get to Swindon.

The rest of the week I only have a 15 min commute, so I factor in some 'dither' time
            I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

I generally aim to get up no earlier than 8am
              I am NOT an early morning person. Only caveat to that is when there is a large volume of high pressure work to get on with which generally helps me focus.

I spent three years trying to get up early and in the office between 8 and 8.30am. But it was clearly not working, I just can't get to sleep early enough and end up wasting most of the morning then still working late to catch up on what I should have done in the morning, getting home still feeling tired and then feeling wide awake an hour before I should be going to bed!
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                Monday 4am - leave home at 4.45 at me desk by about 7.50 - having stopped off for breckkie.
                Rest of the week 6.15 to 6.45. at me desk before 8.
                Monday 4am, leave home at 4:30 at my desk at 6:45 - Brekkie is for wimps.

At my desk at 6:45 most work days.

Comment

When my morning glory has retreated back to where it came from
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    When my morning glory has retreated back to where it came from
                    ah yes. The 'Blue vein thrombosis'

took my missus years to come to understand what I meant when I say 'I cant get up'

no one wants to see THAT monster being waved around the bedroom at 6 in the morning

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                      2am-ish for a while, then properly up at 5am to leave at 6:30am.

Good organisation and plenty of vitamins for us early risers.
                      I dare not ask about your early morning vitamins

Comment

Working...
                      X