• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

star spotting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw Ronnie Corbett at the airport in Marrakech a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
      Was he flashing his hairy chest?

Someone should tell him the 70's are over.
      mmmm hairy chest mmmmm

no he didn't have it on show, he was with his kids

Comment

Once I saw, at the same time, Eddie Yeats off Coronation Street at one cafe, and Lou Beale off Eastenders at another one further up the road.

Comment

I've seen Christopher Timothy on my train home several times.

We both get off at Chichester.

Comment

Working at a radio company a few years ago I had to ask three young girls to shift out of the way when they got between me and the coffee machine. It turned out they were the Sugababes.

Comment

I made a salad for Torvill and Dean once, never got to meet them, just gaze in awe through the glass of the door at them eating it.
              Last edited by minestrone; 30 August 2010, 20:53.

Comment

I sat in the wrong seat on a flight to Iceland and was told by Jarvis cocker i was sitting in his seat!
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Back in 1994, I travelled Business Class from Heathrow to Dubai. Hardly any of the seats were being utilised, but when I was disembarking I noticed that sitting about 10 rows in front of me had been Billy Bremner and Mike Summerbee, and all 3 of us had been making good use of the free drinks. Gutted really, could have had an enjoyable time nattering to them had I known.
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Christopher Timothy

From Wikipedia:
                    On 24 August Radio 5 Live reported that Timothy was at the Hartlepool United's game sat next to Ian Holloway during the club's Carling Cup game against West Brom.
                    I have no idea how I survived up to this point without knowing that.

Comment

I've sat across from Jeremy Beadle on the tube once and saw Charles Dance standing across from me in the same carriage (not at he same time though).

And Alan Rickman was stood next to me whilst a friend and I went out for a fag break during a play (he's a lot taller and wider than he is on the telly)

One of the hairy bikers was sat at the next table to me a in restaurant in Brussels.

I thinks that's the sum total for me.
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X