• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: star spotting

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "star spotting"

Collapse

• TestMangler
    replied
    Ths bint out of Taggart sometimes comes in to my cafe.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Saw Nigella Lawson filiming on London Bridge not so long ago.

Absolutely massive hooters.

Leave a comment:

• Dearnla
    replied
    Right, here goes.
    I once got invited to a Race day at Kempton Park by a supplier. Thought nothing of it until we turned up and started to see a few famous people milling about outside. Then we got to sit down and all became clear. It was a Variety Club of GB do. Half the tables were taken by corporates (Iveco Trucks was mine) and half by Celebs.
    Hosted by Jeremy Beadle (RIP) we had a fab time and got fleeced in the Auction for 6 bottles of Tulip Champagne for £180 (funny how I remember that.....). Nearly won a Golf day with Tom O'Connor but got outbid.
    So, don't take betting tips from Bert Kwouk or John Virgo - they're clueless. My missus sewed up the lining on John Leslie's jacket whilst Abby Titmuss simpered at us. We also had a chat with June Brown (Dot Cotton) as she was chain smoking on the balcony.
    Ended up chatting motorbikes with Jane Omorogbe, as she had the same bike as me at the time.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Nearly stepped into a cycle lane containing a speeding Jon Snow yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I passed a car yesterday with Deborah Meaden in the back!!! WTF IS GOING ON!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Normie
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I once had a mate who's next door neighbour saw the sister of one of the friends of that bloke that didn't get into Big Brother five years ago.

It can be a bit dull in Swindon mind.
    You should nip up the A419 to Ciren - I've seen Liz Hurley in the Waitrose there a few times + plus assorted other "celebs" with houses in the Cotswolds.

In fact, I had a brief chat to her once as we both dithered over which sauages to get. I would love to be able to say that our hands touched as she reached for my sausage - but sadly not.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Was about to cross cycle lane but had to stop for Jon Snow to zoom past.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I once had a mate who's next door neighbour saw the sister of one of the friends of that bloke that didn't get into Big Brother five years ago.

It can be a bit dull in Swindon mind.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Audio star spotting!

Just got one 5 minutes ago! Walking past the pub, lone man outside talking into his mobile phone. Voice sounded oddly familiar but didn't recognise his face...

Steve Lamacq - Google Image Search confirms.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by fantasyhack View Post
    Mrs FH saw Adam from Spooks in a cafe in Kingston earlier today.

Oh, er, 'hello' everyone.
    Hello.

Oh and before someone beats me to it...........do you like films about Gladiators?

Leave a comment:

• fantasyhack
    replied
    Mrs FH saw Adam from Spooks in a cafe in Kingston earlier today.

Oh, er, 'hello' everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    Ask Cojak, it's her plan "B"...
    COJAK, do you need some research for your plan b?

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
    You're welcome and I insist that I'm thanking you

One for the tip, and also your taxes are now subsidising my OU

Been self taught for a few years but realised I needed some rigour and disicipline.
    Ask Cojak, it's her plan "B"...

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    No, thank you for the several grand of your tax money that enabled me to know things like that!
    You're welcome and I insist that I'm thanking you

One for the tip, and also your taxes are now subsidising my OU

Been self taught for a few years but realised I needed some rigour and disicipline.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X