• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Knight Rider

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Well perhaps not, but when I drove a car in the states about 10 years ago it was very wobbly indeed; soft suspensions as they don't drive so fast.
    Oh, I'm not suggesting US cars are any good.

Apparently they all think the way things skid and fishtail on shows like Starsky and Hutch is how a car is supposed to handle. Sell them one that goes where it's pointed without any fuss and they'll bring it back and complain

Comment

YouTube - Cadillac CTS-V Nurburgring 2009

This 'yank-tank' must be pretty good, the exception rather than the norm.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
        YouTube - Cadillac CTS-V Nurburgring 2009

This 'yank-tank' must be pretty good, the exception rather than the norm.
        Yep, that and the GT40.

Comment

Some years ago I did 120 MPH for a few miles, south of Dallas Texas, trying to get to a decent shoe shop in Hillsboro before they closed at 8:30pm.

Next day my US colleagues said they were sure I'd have been in jail for at least week if traffic cops had pulled me over.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            Man loses control driving 100mph in a straight line on a superwide motorway in an American 'sports' car.

A decent German saloon can go 150mph on the autobahn while the driver listens to a Bach lute suite on the stereo. Not only that, when Helmut slams his foot on the brake, the car stops. When he steers to get past something, the car goes where he steers.

Is this not more evidence that the American car industry's real problem is that they make tulip cars?
            If you follow the link to the article the video is at the bottom. The kid was over taking at 100mph on the grassed central reservation and hit a bump that threw the car in the air.

The yanks may make crap cars but in this case thats not the cause of the accident.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
            X