• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Knight Rider

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Knight Rider"

Collapse

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Man loses control driving 100mph in a straight line on a superwide motorway in an American 'sports' car.

A decent German saloon can go 150mph on the autobahn while the driver listens to a Bach lute suite on the stereo. Not only that, when Helmut slams his foot on the brake, the car stops. When he steers to get past something, the car goes where he steers.

Is this not more evidence that the American car industry's real problem is that they make tulip cars?
    If you follow the link to the article the video is at the bottom. The kid was over taking at 100mph on the grassed central reservation and hit a bump that threw the car in the air.

The yanks may make crap cars but in this case thats not the cause of the accident.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Some years ago I did 120 MPH for a few miles, south of Dallas Texas, trying to get to a decent shoe shop in Hillsboro before they closed at 8:30pm.

Next day my US colleagues said they were sure I'd have been in jail for at least week if traffic cops had pulled me over.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    YouTube - Cadillac CTS-V Nurburgring 2009

This 'yank-tank' must be pretty good, the exception rather than the norm.
    Yep, that and the GT40.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    YouTube - Cadillac CTS-V Nurburgring 2009

This 'yank-tank' must be pretty good, the exception rather than the norm.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Well perhaps not, but when I drove a car in the states about 10 years ago it was very wobbly indeed; soft suspensions as they don't drive so fast.
    Oh, I'm not suggesting US cars are any good.

Apparently they all think the way things skid and fishtail on shows like Starsky and Hutch is how a car is supposed to handle. Sell them one that goes where it's pointed without any fuss and they'll bring it back and complain

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Well perhaps not, but when I drove a car in the states about 10 years ago it was very wobbly indeed; soft suspensions as they don't drive so fast.
    It's all to do with the resonant frequency. 1.7Hz (IIRC) is considered acceptable by most people, apparently. Obviously needs to be properly damped as well.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    A 19-year-old driver crashing a 25-year-old car probably doesn't tell us anything about the state of the modern American car industry.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    A decent German saloon can go 150mph on the autobahn while the driver listens to a Bach lute suite on the stereo. Not only that, when Helmut slams his foot on the brake, the car stops. When he steers to get past something, the car goes where he steers.
    And the best bit is that when he presses the accelerator, it goes even faster....

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Man loses control driving 100mph in a straight line on a superwide motorway in an American 'sports' car.

Is this not more evidence that the American car industry's real problem is that they make tulip cars?
    A 19-year-old driver crashing a 25-year-old car probably doesn't tell us anything about the state of the modern American car industry.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Must have literally just happened as it played OK before I posted it.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    "This video has been removed due to terms of use violation"
    KUATB

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    "This video has been removed due to terms of use violation"

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    video has been removed

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    started a topic Knight Rider

Knight Rider

Driver survives dramatic US highway crash.

Personally, I prefer the edited version below. Didn't K.I.T.T used to have a Turbo Boost mode!

Working...
X