• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Budget hits the "poorest" hardest!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Forget the blaming bit, we simply cannot afford to allow an ever expanding number of able bodied people to subsist on welfare, it destroys incentive in those who do try. Who can really blame them for not wanting to work hard when they see others like themselves get as much or more without trying? For dumping their elderly relatives on the state when they have paid so much with nothing in return?

Are we actually helping people on long term welfare? Are they happy? I can't see much evidence of it. I don't particularly blame them, as we are all what our upbringing made us, but If they lack discipline to obtain work they are capable of, the state should impose it on them.
    Good post, but since when is reason and logic welcome on CUK?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Good post, but since when is reason and logic welcome on CUK?
      Well, I quite like a bit of it from time to time.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Here we go with the leftist inconsistencies again.

Thread A
        There are no jobs for single mothers anyway.

Thread B
        We need plenty of migrants to do jobs that British people won't do.

Repeat ad infinitum.
        Bad contrasting examples. Jobs that migrants can do, and jobs that single mums can do aren't necessarily one and the same ...

Good place to start would be making / supporting child care more to enable them to do so.

Personally I'm all for getting people off benefits and into work. Not convinced this approach is the way to do it ...
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          So to summarise:

SB with his usual non-existent powers of analysis has concluded, with all the intellectual power of a Daily Wail journalist, that all the unemployed and/or single mothers should be able to simply walk into a job, the lazy sods.

Er no......YOU have concluded that all by yourself. But I am making allowances, as drawing correct conclusions when you are restricted to filtering information with a logic array that is less complex than a Yoyo puts you at a real disadvantage.
          If I had a bit more time I'd set things down in pictorial format for you. Might then be a bit easier for your birdbrain to stay on task.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Good place to start would be making / supporting child care more to enable them to do so.
            Maybe. Certainly not against practical incentives. Any sane law should have both carrots and sticks, you only use the stick when they won't eat the carrot.

There was a good article in The Guardian a while back about how the rigid mechanics of the welfare system discourage work. Take on a temporary job or take a risk on something you may not be suited for and you have to start the whole claims process over again when the job ends.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

On the actual article, experts x say this, experts y say that. Who knows? However, on the BBC news a commentator was saying the situation as described in the report was only after other changes kick in in 2012. Lot can change by then.
              bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Its all very well saying people should go out and work, but frankly it sticks in my craw that that argument comes usually from the Tories, who when in power, destroyed manufacturing in the UK because they were too witless to find a away to both retain manufacturing and slap the unions down (which I admit needed doing). Then we had Labour, who spent profligately and destroyed the economy and have allowed unlimited numbers of Eastern Europeans in who have now monopolised the menial jobs market.
                So where are these jobs that these people are meant to go to?
                The UK economy cake is now far too small to sustain a population of 65 million. That is the real issue.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

We should all be checking carefully for CCTV before sticking any small children we see in wheely bins, that would cut down the population a bit.
                  bloggoth

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                    Economics, innit.

Supply and demand. More people are demanding jobs so companies will supply them.

No sign of Tinkerbell today then, turning up to blather on in his Billy-Bragg-inspired, rose-tinted, idealistic ways about the evil Witch Thatcher (who is really to blame for all the poor people in this country!), and to castigate the taxpayers of this country for daring to question the morals of some of the slimy benefit-slurping cuckoos that sit amongst the truly needy in the land?
                    And all, no doubt, from the cushy safety of his tax-friendly haven in Singapore.

Hypocrites'r'us CSC

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                      No sign of Tinkerbell today then, turning up to blather on in his Billy-Bragg-inspired, rose-tinted, idealistic ways about the evil Witch Thatcher (who is really to blame for all the poor people in this country!), and to castigate the taxpayers of this country for daring to question the morals of some of the slimy benefit-slurping cuckoos that sit amongst the truly needy in the land?
                      And all, no doubt, from the cushy safety of his tax-friendly haven in Singapore.

Hypocrites'r'us CSC

Would that be the tax haven Singapore that doesn't have an unemployed benefits system?
                      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                      X