• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Son mugged on Friday!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    You mean the BNP and their ilk?
    Do you think they would beat up white trash hoodies?

Comment

Get a gun. Nothing is sexier than a Glock 19C. And be ready to shoot the fvcker in case you need to. You don't have to kill him. Shoot him at the legs.

But if you are of the liberal/left-wing/kumbaya/peace-on-earth genre and prefer wits to brute force, then carry a second wallet with fake money, fake cards, etc. Imagine the face of the fvcker when he realizes he's been duped

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Do you think they would beat up white trash hoodies?
        Yes, as long as they were eastern European.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I was just looking at Criminal Victimisation in Eleven Industrialised Countries;Key findings from the 1996 International Crime Victims Survey and the UK appeared to be at the top of the leader board (of Eleven Industrialised Countries) in most crime categories in 1996. For contact crime (robbery, assaults and sexual assaults) a whopping 3% of the population in 1996 were affected, if I'm interpreting that statistic correctly I don't know whether robbery with only a threat of physical contact is included in that percentage.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            He who runs away lives to run away another day.
            Or "Is fearr rith maith ná droch-sheasamh" if you're Irish (Better a good run than a bad stand!)

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
              What a bitch of a weekend, off down to Southampton to see some friends on the motorbikes.

2:20 a.m. Saturday I get a call from my 19 year old son saying he got mugged on the way back from dropping his girlfriend off at the bus stop. He was very merry and obviously not fully aware, me thinks, and he thinks come to that. He usually pretty street wise, think the drink must have made him blaisee.

He'd already been to the police station to make a statement.

I rode back there and then, no physical damage but very emotional over the whole thing, feeling he should have done more.

I really hope that he doesn't dwell on it too much, but realise where he went wrong.

Not trying to be harsh but an invaluable life lesson me thinks.

What I wouldn't do for 5 mins with the bloke who did it.
              Your son did the right thing and he has come off relatively unharmed. To get his self confidence back I would strongly suggest that he takes up Judo. Judo worked wonders for me in my school days and getting your opponent on the ground at least gives you time to run if there are others hanging around.

One funny one, an elderly Japanese friend of mine in London was approached by a mugger. Although terrified and not trained in self defence he assumed the karate position and the mugger ran away.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I let myself get thrown out of a cafe by a bunch of yobs in front of my girlfriend once once and never forgot it, have never backed down since. Rather surprisingly, an aggressive stance seems to have worked, as have been threatened a handful of times but they never carried it through. Probably just lucky TBH.

The last time was when they tried to charge me £30 just for sitting down in one of those Soho joints and I refused, they tried to stop me but I just stormed out in a rage and they got out out of my way. Never seen a couple of tiny women move so fast!
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I got jumped by a car full of Asians one night after returning from a club, took a punch, returned a punch, ducked, shoved and ran. they got back in the car and tried to run me down on the pavement. Police were not interested, even when I made the point that deliberately driving up a pavement towards someone in an attempt to run them down is attempted murder.

The next week a bunch of asians jumped out of a car and got my mate, pulled knifes and got his wallet and pins of him, took 200 quid.

Not long after a bunch of asians jumped a 14 year old and after torturing him set fire to him.

<<Comment removed>>
                  Last edited by NotAllThere; 16 August 2010, 14:17. Reason: Comment removed by NotAllThere

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    I got jumped by a car full of Asians one night after returning from a club, took a punch, returned a punch, ducked, shoved and ran. they got back in the car and tried to run me down on the pavement. Police were not interested, even when I made the point that deliberately driving up a pavement towards someone in an attempt to run them down is attempted murder.

The next week a bunch of asians jumped out of a car and got my mate, pulled knifes and got his wallet and pins of him, took 200 quid.

Not long after a bunch of asians jumped a 14 year old and after torturing him set fire to him.

<<Comment removed>>
                    How do you know they were Asians? They could've been Scots. What accent did they have?
                    Last edited by NotAllThere; 16 August 2010, 14:18. Reason: Quoted comment removed

Comment

Originally posted by lje View Post
                      My hubby got mugged at gunpoint when we lived in the States (a true USA experience!). He gave over his wallet without argument but was miffed when the mugger also took the ice cream he'd just been to the shop to buy! The police's response was to tell him to buy a gun...

Seriously though he did get upset afterwards and wonder whether he should have done something different. But he got over it, as I'm sure your son will. Imagine how much worse it could have been if he had objected.
                      What flavour ice cream was it?

Comment

Working...
                      X