• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Random stranger on facebook

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    I had a young lady asking to "be my friend" on another site. I assumed a drunken girly session was in progress "pick one at random and see what you get". That, or the girly was fishing for someone with an EU passport.
    Is she living in your house yet?
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Oops. When I said text I meant email

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
        I wasn't debating his status, just that he's probably not giving you the full picture, and making out it's all coming from her.

Like CM said, he must have used her number to contact her at least once, for her to have it...

I don't know why anyone would add a total 'random' to their FB, but I guess if (what appears to be) a fit girl pops up asking to be friends, a bloke will probably accept.

If he's not physically met her, it might actually be a 25 stone trucker from Bolton.
        And play a guitar??
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
          Oops. When I said text I meant email

Rup, your mate is gay, and he fancies you.

What other reason could he possibly have for not wanting to reverse-pile-drive this gorgeous young lady?

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
            Is she living in your house yet?
            The request was treated with the same priority that emails from Russian ladies or Nigerians with lots of money to give away get.
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

You've all made a few leaps here. To clarify (1) he's single, (2) she gave him her number not the other way round
              Now has he actually spoken to her. Could be a fat, balding, middle aged cottager pretending to be a fit bird in her pants.....
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                Rup, your mate is gay, and he fancies you.

What other reason could he possibly have for not wanting to reverse-pile-drive this gorgeous young lady?
                I have weighed it up, and conclude the following:

^ WHS
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Brief update for you all; it got to the stage where they "hooked up" on skype, and from what I can tell there was a bit of "self congratulation" on both sides... however since this he hasn't heard a peep from her . I'm sure he's been stitched up and will appear on y**p*rn soon...
                  "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Brief update for you all; it got to the stage where they "hooked up" on skype, and from what I can tell there was a bit of "self congratulation" on both sides... however since this he hasn't heard a peep from her . I'm sure he's been stitched up and will appear on Facebook with him tagged in it so all his mates, family etc will see it unless he coughs up some serious cash soon...
                    FTFY

... and your mate's an idiot IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                      So how are these fit young chicas getting hold of the phone numbers from these fully committed men?

Happens all the time

Facebook message I got the other week:
                      Hi,

I've got something you might be interested in. me and my BI friend want some help!
                      I think we should meet soon
                      Rach
                      xxx
                      So I replied with

Whats the rate? Call me on 077xxxxxxxx
                      Only afterwards did it dawn on me that BI didn't mean Business Intelligence.
                      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                      X