• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which TV shall I buy?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ratewhore
    You're in a council flat (sorry, local authority) and you're posting on a contractors forum?
    How does that work then? Getting a council flat while working? Are they on estate agents lists?
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Hitachi 42PD7200, goes great on the wall.

JVC TH-R3 surround sound system.

Would send you a picture but you might get jealous

Comment

The council flat bit is just to wind you lot up.

Wouldn't recommend against the Panasonic panel though. Best picture quality you will find on any standard definition plasma and in my opinion money much better spent than on a HD ready screen with features you probably won't use for some time yet.

You would need an amp and speaker package so I went for the pseudo surround Yamaha to pacify the wife as she didn;t want speakers everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore
          You're in a council flat (sorry, local authority) and you're posting on a contractors forum?

exactly, what the **** is going on ... are you tight?

Comment

Originally posted by bobsmithldn
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by ratewhore

exactly, what the **** is going on ... are you tight?
            This is just so typical british. Everything has to have a label.

How about a council flat in the middle of Chelsea. There are and they are actually quite nice (if I could only afford the 800k quid instead of the 2 million average price). But to the british middle class who needs a label to be happy in their life, a private flat in the Isle of dogs with gang fights and drugs smuggling in the backgardens, is way more appealing.....
            I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
              This is just so typical british. Everything has to have a label.

How about a council flat in the middle of Chelsea. There are and they are actually quite nice (if I could only afford the 800k quid instead of the 2 million average price). But to the british middle class who needs a label to be happy in their life, a private flat in the Isle of dogs with gang fights and drugs smuggling in the backgardens, is way more appealing.....
              Don't get 'em started.....

Comment

Working...
              X