• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This forum is the WORST I have ever seen

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Lets find out.......
    I meant new people turning up, spending 30s looking at it, and starting a "it's crap" thread. Long-term whiners don't count in the number
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Looks like another problem with windows less than about 1000px wide. I'll have to completely re-do that stuff to get it working on IE6, as vB's people couldn't be bothered; I'll see about getting that shipped over the weekend if possible.

Last page of what? Insufficient information. If you can explain what you mean exactly, report it.

The "Reply to Thread" should appear at both the top and the bottom of a thread page on all browsers. It looks like it's vanishing at the bottom on some, but not all, threads; probably the same fix as the one at the top needed. Expect a fix at the weekend.

Fixed already.

Can't see that in the editor... <checks> nor in a post. Provide more detail of where you see this happening.

One way to get yourself WONTFIXed, I suppose

Posted from IE6

Sorry the last thing in IE6. When you look at posts, the icon covers(or does not show you) the ability to move to the last page of a thread. You get to see 1,2,3,... but no last page icon.

Icon thing I need to screenshot
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

my IE8 experience was short lived, .net wdpj does not support IE8 so had to go back to IE6

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Actually he will be. wxman is a legend in these parts for what he does in his spare time.
          whs

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
            my IE8 experience was short lived, .net wdpj does not support IE8 so had to go back to IE6

Milan.
            Or you could use IE8 in IE6 emulation mode

Comment

One thing puzzles me about the new format. Why does each thread title have an envelope next to it, and what do all the different envelope colours mean?

Seems to me all those silly envelopes must bloat the thread listing vertically quite a bit, and I bet most people have no better idea than me what, if anything, they all signify.

edit: Looking again, I see some evenvelopes even have a small green arrow on them.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                One thing puzzles me about the new format. Why does each thread title have an envelope next to it, and what do all the different envelope colours mean?

Seems to me all those silly envelopes must bloat the thread listing vertically quite a bit, and I bet most people have no better idea than me what, if anything, they all signify.

edit: Looking again, I see some evenvelopes even have a small green arrow on them.
                Most forums have similar but I find them irritating and the envelope icons here are too big.
                Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Well - I think the bloody great box titled "Icon Legend" provides quite a reasonable account.......

This one I really think is RTFM

Comment

Working...
                  X