• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "This forum is the WORST I have ever seen"

Collapse

• Drewster
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    One thing puzzles me about the new format. Why does each thread title have an envelope next to it, and what do all the different envelope colours mean?

Seems to me all those silly envelopes must bloat the thread listing vertically quite a bit, and I bet most people have no better idea than me what, if anything, they all signify.

edit: Looking again, I see some evenvelopes even have a small green arrow on them.
    Well - I think the bloody great box titled "Icon Legend" provides quite a reasonable account.......

This one I really think is RTFM

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    One thing puzzles me about the new format. Why does each thread title have an envelope next to it, and what do all the different envelope colours mean?

Seems to me all those silly envelopes must bloat the thread listing vertically quite a bit, and I bet most people have no better idea than me what, if anything, they all signify.

edit: Looking again, I see some evenvelopes even have a small green arrow on them.
    Most forums have similar but I find them irritating and the envelope icons here are too big.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    my IE8 experience was short lived, .net wdpj does not support IE8 so had to go back to IE6

Milan.
    Or you could use IE8 in IE6 emulation mode

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Actually he will be. wxman is a legend in these parts for what he does in his spare time.
    whs

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    my IE8 experience was short lived, .net wdpj does not support IE8 so had to go back to IE6

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Looks like another problem with windows less than about 1000px wide. I'll have to completely re-do that stuff to get it working on IE6, as vB's people couldn't be bothered; I'll see about getting that shipped over the weekend if possible.

Last page of what? Insufficient information. If you can explain what you mean exactly, report it.

The "Reply to Thread" should appear at both the top and the bottom of a thread page on all browsers. It looks like it's vanishing at the bottom on some, but not all, threads; probably the same fix as the one at the top needed. Expect a fix at the weekend.

Fixed already.

Can't see that in the editor... <checks> nor in a post. Provide more detail of where you see this happening.

One way to get yourself WONTFIXed, I suppose

Posted from IE6

Sorry the last thing in IE6. When you look at posts, the icon covers(or does not show you) the ability to move to the last page of a thread. You get to see 1,2,3,... but no last page icon.

Icon thing I need to screenshot

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Lets find out.......
    I meant new people turning up, spending 30s looking at it, and starting a "it's crap" thread. Long-term whiners don't count in the number

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    I'm not sure CUK would be willing to fund the development of a plugin that allows blocking of avatars on a case-by-case basis, but if anybody wants to pay me to write one I'll let CUK have it for free

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Can we have a feature to turn off just Suity's avatars? That alone would make this place almost useable.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lets find out.......

Nick, ffs, can you fix the icons misplacement on IE6, where the tag icon shows right in the middle of the page count when viewing threads.
    Looks like another problem with windows less than about 1000px wide. I'll have to completely re-do that stuff to get it working on IE6, as vB's people couldn't be bothered; I'll see about getting that shipped over the weekend if possible.

Plus, you cannot actually get to the last page
    Last page of what? Insufficient information. If you can explain what you mean exactly, report it.

Plus, the Reply to Thread button appears at the top of IE6 as opposed to the bottom
    The "Reply to Thread" should appear at both the top and the bottom of a thread page on all browsers. It looks like it's vanishing at the bottom on some, but not all, threads; probably the same fix as the one at the top needed. Expect a fix at the weekend.

Plus, the tag doesnt actually work in IE6 because you cannot edit,
    Fixed already.

Plus, the emoticons are cut slightly by a couple of pixeds in all versions of IE.
    Can't see that in the editor... <checks> nor in a post. Provide more detail of where you see this happening.

Plus, I am not going to put these in the right place. RH can tidy up after me.
    One way to get yourself WONTFIXed, I suppose

Posted from IE6

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Can we start a sweep-stake how many more posters it takes 'discovering' and whinging about the new forum before Nick flips out from the professional attitude and lays into them?

I say 3.
    Lets find out.......

Nick, ffs, can you fix the icons misplacement on IE6, where the tag icon shows right in the middle of the page count when viewing threads.
    Plus, you cannot actually get to the last page
    Plus, the Reply to Thread button appears at the top of IE6 as opposed to the bottom
    Plus, the tag doesnt actually work in IE6 because you cannot edit,
    Plus, the emoticons are cut slightly by a couple of pixeds in all versions of IE.
    Plus, I am not going to put these in the right place. RH can tidy up after me.

Your turn doogiehowser

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Can we start a sweep-stake how many more posters it takes 'discovering' and whinging about the new forum before Nick flips out from the professional attitude and lays into them?

I say 3.

Leave a comment:

• IR35 Avoider
    replied
    I've just discovered I can turn off the display of avatars and signatures in my profile settings. This eliminates some of the clutter and white space.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    wxman, I'd add that the layout is absolutely cr@p for stealth.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X