• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London 2012 mascots

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    You've got to admit it's a stronger brand. Close your eyes, can you remember what those amorphous blobs look like?
    No!

Actually having done taken the piss with the Potato Heads, you're right they're much better. I could even see a chain of fast food places springing up(Remember them!!!!)

Bloody hell!!!! http://www.spudulike.com/ they still exist!!!!
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

They are just foul! They are more like to give kids nightmares than encourage them. Why have we managed to shoot so far off the mark with both the symbol and now this. We are just a joke
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I am just curious - who thought of one eyed creatures? I mean FFS, it was first Simpons and now Futurama - what next?

Comment

They look better in the video. And about time the Bolton steel industry had a PR burst. + top marks for the names.

Comment

I'd rather have a red telphone Box or a double-decker bus like our crazy pre-Olympics display Boris put on in China.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

This thing must have cost millions to produce.
              Is it just me, or does the Hound of the Mandevilles look very much like Sonic the Hedgehog?

Still, given that the 2012 logo looks like Lisa Simpson giving Bart a blow job, we shouldn't be too surprised by further "pop culture" references that exhibit fail

EDIT: although this point isn't really relevant to this post, I'm not sure it's deserving of a separate post, so I'll say it here: I've had the good fortune of working with many talented designers over the years. I think they would all agree with me when I say that stuff is a pile of wank.
              Last edited by NickFitz; 20 May 2010, 05:31.

Comment

I think you may find that this was a result of a Blue Peter competition.

The winner was an AndyW aged 7 from Swindon.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Was Mandeville named after/in honour of Mandleson?
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    Was Mandeville named after/in honour of Mandleson?
                    Good God no!! "Mandeville" was named after the fact that the first Paralympics was first mooted/coordinated by Stoke Mandeville Hospital, and the Wenlock relates to the fact that a rival to the modern Olympics was once held at a small place called Wenlock. Tenuous links indeed.
                    As for the "who thought of one-eyed creatures", I think that boils down to the fact that the designer of same has spent altogether too much time with a one-eyed thing in his hands. Some kind of bizarre auto-suggestion.
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                      Good God no!! "Mandeville" was named after the fact that the first Paralympics was first mooted/coordinated by Stoke Mandeville Hospital
                      Thats alright then
                      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                      X