• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My Train Journey This Morning

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    It even makes women blind!
    Flicking the bean is still masturbation...

Comment

Yesterday; train delays in whole of NL due to 'autumnal weather'. Got home with 30 minutes delay.

This morning; plenty of space on train, left on time. Arrived 20 minutes late due to 'Sprinter' train in front struggling with 'autumnal weather conditions'. Chatted to the conductor I happen to know via a friend; he said staff had been instructed to use the term 'autumnal weather' as 'leaves on the line' has attracted so much ridicule in recent years. Also says problem is due to management who refuse to delay a slow train to give priority to intercities, as they did in the past, because they get a bonus if 90-odd percent of trains leave on time; there is no KPI for passengers arriving on time at their destination, so this is irrelevant. It IS possible for passengers to claim back the cost of the ticket IF their train arrives with 45 minutes or more delay, BUT that's money from a different budget to management bonuses, so nobody counts that.

No smells, only a few OAPs, but they were quiet.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Whoever the stunning blonde was

on the 07:08 Southampton Airport to Waterloo, with the figure to die for, and, when she shimmied out of her seat revealed lovely socking legs, with see-thru sheer blue panties. Please tell her I'm happily married, and not interested. But, I'll be on the 17:05 Weymouth train tonight, if she wants to meet me in the disabled toilet near the bar..

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          On time. To the second.

No good will come of this.
          4 carriages.

None with square wheels. No squealing brakes.
          Indeed; the leaves in my tea forecast you will be cursed with delays due to autumnal weather this evening.

Comment

On time. To the second.

4 carriages.

No squealing means no brakes!

Comment

On time. To the second.

4 carriages.

Blimey! Today has been a very POETS day!
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

YChatted to the conductor I happen to know via a friend...
                You have a friend? Really? Well done!

Comment

Originally posted by BdP View Post
                  You have a friend? Really? Well done!
                  Thanks. It makes me feel truly unique on CUK.

Comment

Thanks. It makes me feel truly unique on CUK.
                    FTFY
                    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                      FTFY

I see what you've done there.

Comment

Working...
                      X