• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ADMIN - Flash adverts -

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Only if you are too stupid to install AdBlock Plus for yer FireFox 2.
    That's a lot better now, thanks.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      There's the Safari Flash blocker ClickToFlash - I haven't used it myself, but others speak well of it, including John Gruber of Daring Fireball.

Thanks Nick, what a relief
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Thanks Nick, what a relief
        Bloomin Marvellous Cheers Nick
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          thanks nick, what a relief
          Originally posted by moscow mule View Post
          bloomin marvellous cheers nick
          np

Comment

I use this Using a Hosts File To Make The Internet Not Suck (as much) to cut out the junk ads on many sites with IE8 browser when I can't use Firefox and Adblock.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
              I use this Using a Hosts File To Make The Internet Not Suck (as much) to cut out the junk ads on many sites with IE8 browser when I can't use Firefox and Adblock.
              Dan Pollock's done a really good job with that hosts file over the years, although some cruft has built up - for example, goatse.cx hasn't been the foul and wretched thing it used to be since it was originally closed down.

Then again I may be too hasty to judge: a quick look at what's currently hosted there makes me wonder if the custodians of the Christmas Island ccTLD might not be getting careless again. It's clearly engineered to suggest forthcoming SKA news (not AtW's SKA, obviously, but the goatse one) but they didn't even get the date functions working properly: looks like email address harvesting by spammers to me

Perhaps it's better if such subdomains are indeed cast forever into... well, a black hole

Comment

Trouble is the advertising companies get too greedy and let anyone in with obnoxious animated, screen covering rubbish, then on top ofthat you have the adverts slipped in by the "Russian Business Network". No sane person should be browsing WITHOUT an ad blocking setup.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Only if you are too stupid to install AdBlock Plus for yer FireFox 2...
                  ...or, like many, your client is still using IE6.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Babbage View Post
                    Trouble is the advertising companies get too greedy and let anyone in with obnoxious animated, screen covering rubbish, then on top ofthat you have the adverts slipped in by the "Russian Business Network". No sane person should be browsing WITHOUT an ad blocking setup.
                    Or even an epileptic fit by looking at that effing football. I’ve just blocked it off
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      ...or, like many, your client is still using IE6.
                      CAn't you manually add URLs to the blocked list even in IE6? You might have to do them 1 by 1, but you could could block big ad companies quickly.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X