• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is 4 1/2 pints too much for a leaving lunchtime drink?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so the swear filter only partially works on words like ***** then
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      It's the law to get pissed on your last day. I'm sure you put in plenty of overtime. These ****** that pass comment are obviously knobs. Rise above it and keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep invoicing (as DP said once)
      Nothing wrong with going out on the lash after you finish, as a free man. Going back to ClientCo simply to sign out afterwards is a bit unprofessional but borderline, if the timesheet signer came out with you then probably OK (just). But really, setting foot on-site when pissed while still on their dime is dumb. Ethics aside, it only takes one awkward so & so to screw you over... a permie grumbling to a contractor-unfriendly manager who complains to the agency about your behaviour, or simply gets your signing manager in trouble for bringing you on board.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Nothing wrong with going out on the lash after you finish, as a free man. Going back to ClientCo simply to sign out afterwards is a bit unprofessional but borderline, if the timesheet signer came out with you then probably OK (just). But really, setting foot on-site when pissed while still on their dime is dumb. Ethics aside, it only takes one awkward so & so to screw you over... a permie grumbling to a contractor-unfriendly manager who complains to the agency about your behaviour, or simply gets your signing manager in trouble for bringing you on board.
        To be fair, if this happened I would set MF on them.

MF, SIT! Good dog.

HTH
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I hope some of you are having a laugh... and not being serious.

4.5 pints? I recently decked about 7 or 8 large glasses of Claret (each) one v long lunchtime with a PM, and there have been maaaany occasions when the whole team has gone out and returned after a 4 hour lunch-hour, blatted.

Senior management know when someone has a 'problem', and when the staff, permies or contractors, are just letting off a bit of steam. The head of the team practically encourages it as good team-building, ice-breaking and all that. The head of the division is a nutter - went out for a beer once, he pitched up, and sank a pint in seconds - then offered to buy another round. I've seen some of these guys chuck so much back but (oddly) remain apparently ok.

4.5 pints on a leaving do?????? I'd have been gone (timesheet signed & faxed, equipment handed in) by 12 and taken quite a few with me, then blazed all the way into the early hours, possibly by way of a karaoke bar or club, and ended up getting a cab home.

Health and safety my arse.

Comment

That's 4.5 pints in one hour - pretty good going. I may have gone back into the office, probably wouldn't have charged for the afternoon - depends on the pm. Generally though, if I have a leaving do at lunchtime, I don't go back.

As a permie I got very pissed a few times at work. But the working culture was different back then. And we didn't have moaning minnies bleating on about H&S.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
            X