• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is 4 1/2 pints too much for a leaving lunchtime drink?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
    <gritted teeth> Northernloudmouth is right.... 4 1/2 pints - You are drunk!! No ifs no buts You are drunk! and shouldn't be on Client site.</gritted teeth>

On the other hand 4 1/2 pints for a leaving do and pish off home... or go for some food and meet the lads after for a few more... I would say is probably not exceptional..... but thats not what you asked.
    I would like to officially change my last post to clarify a certain misunderstanding.....

I agree with NLUK.... I my opinion 4 1/2 pints and returning to work is wrong - By consuming that amount of alcohol in such a short space of time (1hr?) you are drunk - by any measure I can think of!

I apologise to anyone that thought that my original sarcastic/funny comment meant anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
      I would like to officially change my last post to clarify a certain misunderstanding.....

I agree with NLUK.... I my opinion 4 1/2 pints and returning to work is wrong - By consuming that amount of alcohol in such a short space of time (1hr?) you are drunk - by any measure I can think of!

I apologise to anyone that thought that my original sarcastic/funny comment meant anything else.
      4 1/2 pints. A wee tipple. Doesnt even wet the whiskers.

Drunk by whose standards? What type of beer? Carling (pissshhhhh 10 pints = 1 Stella)

NL/Drewster you're a couple of light weights. I didnt realse that both of you were shandy drinking softy southerners!

Pah!
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I wanna know why the OP poufster went for a half at least once, should have gone nap....

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Drunk by whose standards? What type of beer? Carling (pissshhhhh 10 pints = 1 Stella)

NL/Drewster you're a couple of light weights. I didnt realse that both of you were shandy drinking softy southerners!

Pah!
          <uuuuuuuurp!!!> Washa mean Ic'n Ic'n Icc'n take my drinksh.... Ic'n drin you unna the tablesh anytimesh...

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Pah!
            Ah you read wrong MF. We are questioning how come it took him a full hour just to consume 4.5 pints!! Now THAT is a softy shandy drinking laalaa!!
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Ah you read wrong MF. We are questioning how come it took him a full hour just to consume 4.5 pints!! Now THAT is a softy shandy drinking laalaa!!
              Now that's more like it!

OP you're a bloody lightweight!!!
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

NorthernLad,
                I am assuming that Adam didn't go back and do any work, because rule 10 (approx) of contracting is:

DON'T DO ANY WORK ON YOUR LAST DAY

This is not laziness, it's because you know you're going to get loads of interruptions - mainly people taking the last opportunity to ask you stuff - so whatever you start wouldn't get finished and you'd be leaving a load of loose ends. Usually the only way to achieve this is to plan not to do any work in your last whole week, so that by mid-morning Friday you've genuinely cleared all your tasks and can devote those last hours to getting your timesheet signed, giving away your stationery and clearing your personal filespace of absolutely everything that could make you look like a twerp.

Comment

Last days for me traditionally are the hardest I work. Someone always wanting something else finishing, handing over etc. Too bloody stressful.

Usually get pished afterwards though.

Comment

Take a chill pill guys. I once had an office drink where we all sank that much, and not only was the boss one of the drinkers, it was him that drove us all back to the office. But he was an ex-contractor. And I mean from the days when we were real characters, not the wimps that fill up bums-on-seats these days.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
                      NorthernLad,
                      I am assuming that Adam didn't go back and do any work
                      Ah well after making a twunt of myself a few times recently I re read this bit a few times....

It has been noted by a few unpleasant individuals in the premises that I quiffed a substantial amount of ale at lunch,
                      I would surmise that the fact he says premises and at lunch that he did infact go back to the office. Who would care how much he drank on the premises of the pub.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X