• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MamsNot : The point ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I suspect most of MumsNet could devour any or all of us,

Yes please.

Comment

Hmm, 15 minutes. I expected quicker.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
        When that guise is for the purposes of "entertainment" at other's expense, then I feel that it is dangerously close to bullying.
        Bullying it isn't - the cukkers in disguise got a fair verbal beating yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
          I see nothing wrong in the creation of some satire and parody as an intellectual exercise.

Going over there and posting rubbish to ruin their forum would be crass and indefensible.

Going over there and posting cartoon versions of themselves that they think are real is fine in my book to see if we are up to the challenge and there seems to be a long tradition of it on the internet and before.
          This.

If we don't challenge unpalatable views (and some of mumsnet is quite unpalatable) we end up with a pretty crappy situation.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            I suspect most of MumsNet could devour any or all of us, without even spitting out the bones.

Quite true. Think of it as the online equivalent of goading a pride of lions with a short stick.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post

Quite true. Think of it as the online equivalent of goading a pride of lions with a short stick.
              Whilst wearing a baby wildebeest costume and limping heavily...
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I'm not there to attack anyone, except maybe the other CUK members to confuse the regulars. I like the idea of CUK members having a series of terrible fights over there.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                  This.

If we don't challenge unpalatable views (and some of mumsnet is quite unpalatable) we end up with a pretty crappy situation.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    I'm not there to attack anyone, except maybe the other CUK members to confuse the regulars. I like the idea of CUK members having a series of terrible fights over there.
                    That's what I liked the idea of.
                    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

There is no point.

I don't suppose most of you get the term parody do you.

Comment

Working...
                      X