• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I just learnt a new contracting term

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear about that, AP

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
      Lucky it was not said to me, I was swaping war stories with another contractor poolside and I had to ask what it meant.
      You rotten tease!

You get us all upset for you and then it turns out there's nothing happened!

I hope some horrid German steals your deck chair by the pool.

You do know some of us hold you in high esteem as a contractor, living the high life and fulfilling the dream, don't you? If you have a setback, it causes a ripple of fear for us lesser, wind-blown, cold and rained-on and bench-vulnerable mortals.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
        You rotten tease!

You get us all upset for you and then it turns out there's nothing happened!

You do know some of us hold you in high esteem as a contractor, living the high life and fulfilling the dream, don't you? If you have a setback, it causes a ripple of fear for us lesser, wind-blown, cold and rained-on and bench-vulnerable mortals.
        WHS

Phew!
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post

No Germans here, in fact I have never come accross a German in any of my outsourced travels.

Yes, "fulfilling the dream" not this week, up at 7.00 IST office before 9.00, work with Indian team untill 19.00. Work with UK teams and attend calls until 22.00 IST. Back to the hotel sleep. Working Saturday, will fall asleep by the pool Sunday and get very sun burnt.
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
            No Germans here, in fact I have never come accross a German
            I have.
            Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
              I have.
              So have I.

Comment

I thought the brothels in Berlin were full of Eastern Europeans, not local girls?
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  I thought the brothels in Berlin were full of Eastern Europeans, not local girls?
                  Plenty of choice on Oranienburger Strasse

Comment

Who hess stolen mein sauerkraut und bockworst?
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X