• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sob story #3247

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I just opened a little plastic tub of ‘vla’, or sort of Dutch blancmange, and some of the contents shot out and splattered over my keyboard and my jumper. My theory is that having bought the pudding on the second floor then ascended the lift to my desk on the 7th floor, the difference in air pressure caused the air inside the tub to expand, which then escaped at high velocity as I broke the seal of the tub.

Yes I know it’s a crap theory.
    I just hate it when that happens, frequently on planes and you arrive at your meeting with yoghurt on your tie and the contents of one of those mini milk tubs on your trouser leg

Your theory may be sound.

The trick is to open it away from you, so the splurts of gunk fire away from you, not on you.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      Nope, the keyboard on my laptop is dodgy.

I'm missing the other symptoms, you know the ones about being miserable, scots and a twat.

Thanks though.
      No problems Plug.

Comment

I just opened a little plastic tub of ‘vla’, or sort of Dutch blancmange, and some of the contents shot out and splattered over my keyboard and my jumper. My theory is that having bought the pudding on the second floor then ascended the lift to my desk on the 7th floor, the difference in air pressure caused the air inside the tub to expand, which then escaped at high velocity as I broke the seal of the tub.

Yes I know it’s a crap theory.
        Ah 7th floor, is that sea level?

I used to wind new contractors up and tell them if the alarm bell sounds it means the dykes have given way and you must run upstairs to the roof and get into the lifeboat.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

as you are a professional tester you should test this theory out.

don't forget to publish the test plan on this thread
          This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Norrahe, If I were to start ejaculating pink I'd visit a doctor instead of telling CUK about it.
            Most people on here would tell CUK about it in excruciating detail and then, when somebody suggested seeing a doctor about fifty posts into the thread, start another thread (with poll) to find out if they ought to

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Most people on here would tell CUK about it in excruciating detail and then, when somebody suggested seeing a doctor about fifty posts into the thread, start another thread (with poll) to find out if they ought to
              I'm detecting a hint of sarcasm
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
              X