• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Sob story #3247

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Sob story #3247"

Collapse

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Most people on here would tell CUK about it in excruciating detail and then, when somebody suggested seeing a doctor about fifty posts into the thread, start another thread (with poll) to find out if they ought to
    I'm detecting a hint of sarcasm

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Norrahe, If I were to start ejaculating pink I'd visit a doctor instead of telling CUK about it.
    Most people on here would tell CUK about it in excruciating detail and then, when somebody suggested seeing a doctor about fifty posts into the thread, start another thread (with poll) to find out if they ought to

Leave a comment:

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied
    as you are a professional tester you should test this theory out.

don't forget to publish the test plan on this thread

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    I just opened a little plastic tub of ‘vla’, or sort of Dutch blancmange, and some of the contents shot out and splattered over my keyboard and my jumper. My theory is that having bought the pudding on the second floor then ascended the lift to my desk on the 7th floor, the difference in air pressure caused the air inside the tub to expand, which then escaped at high velocity as I broke the seal of the tub.

Yes I know it’s a crap theory.
    Ah 7th floor, is that sea level?

I used to wind new contractors up and tell them if the alarm bell sounds it means the dykes have given way and you must run upstairs to the roof and get into the lifeboat.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Nope, the keyboard on my laptop is dodgy.

I'm missing the other symptoms, you know the ones about being miserable, scots and a twat.

Thanks though.
    No problems Plug.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    I just opened a little plastic tub of ‘vla’, or sort of Dutch blancmange, and some of the contents shot out and splattered over my keyboard and my jumper. My theory is that having bought the pudding on the second floor then ascended the lift to my desk on the 7th floor, the difference in air pressure caused the air inside the tub to expand, which then escaped at high velocity as I broke the seal of the tub.

Yes I know it’s a crap theory.
    I just hate it when that happens, frequently on planes and you arrive at your meeting with yoghurt on your tie and the contents of one of those mini milk tubs on your trouser leg

Your theory may be sound.

The trick is to open it away from you, so the splurts of gunk fire away from you, not on you.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Your spelling is atrocious, have you got arseholes disease?
    Nope, the keyboard on my laptop is dodgy.

I'm missing the other symptoms, you know the ones about being miserable, scots and a twat.

Thanks though.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    There you go! Yo've got your own support group!
    Your spelling is atrocious, have you got arseholes disease?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
    Midget clown sex.
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    I feel better now knowing I'm not the only one.
    There you go! You've got your own support group!
    Last edited by Churchill; 19 February 2010, 11:27.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Midget clown sex.
    I feel better now knowing I'm not the only one.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Midget clown sex.
    Nah, clowns are just freaky!

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Hey, whatever shoots yer load!
    Midget clown sex.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Fixed.
    Hey, whatever shoots yer load!

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Hey, leave the boy alone! He's had the odd amazing experience with spillages/keyboards/webcams etc.

He doesn't like to talk about it, but we do...
    Fixed.

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    The thought of you posting anything mildly amusing is completely alien to me.
    Fair enough..... that explains it.....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X