• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just ordered my new iPhone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    Just as they go out of fashion.
    Technology innit? So:

Now that they are proven and tested.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      Not for a while yet from what I've heard, HAB

El Reg thinks iPhone is still on top.

Maybe when they get more apps for it...
      Rumour is that their is a new iPhone on the way.

I have one and they are great. Best thing since the first nokia I had which survived being run over by a transit.
      Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        My contract is up next month so am looking into one of the new android phones atm.
        Aw, but you love the devilPhone

Comment

Have you seen the new Google phone?

Nexus One or somat.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

The Nokia N900 is a nice bit of kit.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
              Have you seen the new Google phone?

Nexus One or somat.
              http://forums.contractoruk.com/1039099-post6.html

Comment

Although I'm not sure how I'm going to explain this to Mr C, he'll not take kindly to my doing this while I'm on the bench...
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

You'll also need this essential accessory to go with it
                  Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                    You'll also need this essential accessory to go with it
                    Stunning.

Now imagine if you can teach it set flight routes.

Run out of something (small enough to go in the cockpit, eg fags, mars bar or 2, can of beer, possibly a dvd, batteries, etc).

Pop the money in a pouch, put it in the cockpit, select pre-arranged route (Tesco corner shop : Smith Road) and send the little fella off.

You'd need some object avoidance built in for things that were not there on the original flight, but this should be doable.

Once it gets the goodies, the attendant presses the "Return Home" button on the top and off it goes.

++++
                    Would be a very useful thing for carrying an emergency med kit to people in hard to reach places.

+++
                    Would probably get used by terrorists to deliver explosives to well guarded places though. Straight over the gates of Downing St and down the street. Detonating outside would be dangerous enough. In through a window and who knows ?

And what would a security guard do ? Shoot a flying bomb ? I doubt it, unless he had range and there was nothing around.

In an urban setting, that is very unlikely.
                    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                      Aw, but you love the devilPhone
                      I'm not a sheep
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X