• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just ordered my new iPhone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    But i have my samsung i8910HD for another year so it'll be a while before I get one.
    How have you found the i8910HD?

I'm due a new phone.. would get an iPhone but about the only thing I actually use my current phone (N95 8GB) for is ViewRanger which is only available on S60..

Comment

Originally posted by Frogstomp View Post
      How have you found the i8910HD?

I'm due a new phone.. would get an iPhone but about the only thing I actually use my current phone (N95 8GB) for is ViewRanger which is only available on S60..
      I rather like it - but am sorely tempted to remove the orange 'bloatware' as connecting to the net is a painful prolonged process!
      The images from the camera are very good - and the main reason I got it.
      I love the touch screen querty keyboard in landscape for text messages. Its much better than the one on hubbies iphone.
      I'm happy with it.
      I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
        I might get one when they catch up with all that my current phone can do (which I've had for about 18 months).

Emperor's new clothes.
        Which phone are you using?
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Still pondering whether I should get the free iPhone upgrade I'm due. Has anybody used any of the SSH clients available? This is a must but can't seem to find out much info.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            Why not wait 10 months for the 128GB model?

Or two years forthe 256GB model?
            My thought exactly..
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              Although I'm not sure how I'm going to explain this to Mr C, he'll not take kindly to my doing this while I'm on the bench...
              Buy him one as well, that is what I did not Mr C obvs Mrs BB
              Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
                Ahhhh, I'll try that with CM, see if it works... Although she does like her Blackberry...

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
                  He's not 'into' mobile phones. His company doesn't allow them on the premises (even has a horn sounding when one is detected too close to the outside wall) so he hasn't really got the mindset for anything other than 'I'll be home at' type calls or the odd text when we meet friends. He has a trusty old Nokia 3510i that I gave him, nothing else of mine has beaten it when it comes to hand-me-downs...
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

He's not 'into' mobile phones. His company doesn't allow them on the premises (even has a horn sounding when one is detected too close to the outside wall) so he hasn't really got the mindset for anything other that 'I'll be home at' or the odd text when we meet friends. He has a trusty old Nokia 3510i that I gave him, nothing else of mine has beaten it when it comes to hand-me-downs...
                    It won't last, he needs to shape up at once......
                    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

He's not 'into' mobile phones. His company doesn't allow them on the premises (even has a horn sounding when one is detected too close to the outside wall) so he hasn't really got the mindset for anything other than 'I'll be home at' type calls or the odd text when we meet friends. He has a trusty old Nokia 3510i that I gave him, nothing else of mine has beaten it when it comes to hand-me-downs...
                      A couple of years ago I thought it wise to get one without a camera. It was surprisingly difficult to find one I liked so ended up with a cheap Nokia.

I've been perfectly happy with that until a mate lent me his jailbroken iPhone to ssh into my server, and I was quite taken with that idea.
                      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                      X