• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

boiler dead and snow is forecast...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Is the boiler fixed yet?

Or have you got pneumonia now?

If she got pneumonia and was in hospital we would never hear from her again especially if it was one of these - top hospitals
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I hear she stayed at AtW's bedsit for the duration.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Lucky woman.

Did the squirrels object?

They ate her.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Leave the stove, and oven on, also little electric convector heaters, are worth while.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Hmmm did no one on this thread suggest a cold shower? Not only is that good overall therapy but it kills the flu virus stone dead.
            I quite often have a cold shower just for the shock value.
            Sheesh the yoof of today
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              I quite often have a cold shower as part of my Therapy
              FTFY

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

We have the same problem at the mo - the PCB needs replacing in the boiler, which keeps sparking as it isn't aware it's lit, which in turn means the burner cuts out every few seconds.

No hot water or heating - but we have an electric shower and an excellent De Longhi 3Kw convector heater which heats up a room in 2min.

Plumber is currently on-site 3 hours after calling him, so no complaints.

There you have it - my Wilmslo-esque post for the day.

In other news, my neighbours are angry gypsies, people keep pissing on my shoes, I gave someone a limp, one-finger handshake today and I need a replacement for my 1.6 Fiesta runabout, which has been towed & taken to the crusher by a local mafia thug.

Comment

..and we've just realised that the house has got cold and there's no reassuring hum from under the stairs.

..or a pilot light in the boiler.

Oh Dear.

"I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    ..and we've just realised that the house has got cold and there's no reassuring hum from under the stairs.

..or a pilot light in the boiler.

Oh Dear.

Have you tried bleeding the radiators?
                    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                      Have you tried bleeding the radiators?
                      Oi! That's my line
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X