• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

boiler dead and snow is forecast...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    I had much the same thing once over Christmas week. I think I just stuck it out and let myself get smelly.

Boil lots of water on the stove, put it in a jug and use that to wash. It's what people used to do in the olden days.
    Boudica is ill anyway.

If you really have flu you will not notice not washing for 3 days as you will just be able to get out of bed to go to toilet about once. If you can get out of bed to shower then you don't have flu and just have a nasty nasty cold.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      I had much the same thing once over Christmas week. I think I just stuck it out and let myself get smelly.

Boil lots of water on the stove, put it in a jug and use that to wash. It's what people used to do in the olden days.
      Exactly what I said, but do they believe you? No.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        Exactly what I said, but do they believe you? No.
        Wot!

"I just stuck it out and let myself get smelly".
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Boudica is ill anyway.

If you really have flu you will not notice not washing for 3 days as you will just be able to get out of bed to go to toilet about once. If you can get out of bed to shower then you don't have flu and just have a nasty nasty cold.

but it feels like flu, i'm terrible when i'm ill, but i do like to wash, i could even have piggy flu, been vomiting etc etc and you definitely do need to wash when the downstairs stuff is going on!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Boudica View Post
            but it feels like flu, i'm terrible when i'm ill, but i do like to wash, i could even have piggy flu, been vomiting etc etc and you definitely do need to wash when the downstairs stuff is going on!!!
            Too much detail, Way way too much
            Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
              Wot!

"I just stuck it out and let myself get smelly".
              Did I say that? Bejasus, I keep forgetting who I'm logged in as.

Comment

sorry

Comment

I reckon a visit to the EA office, vomiting in their office and then leaving their toilet in a state may yield better results. You can also faint after you have done that.......

Though the only time I did that I was a school. My mum and sister didn't believe I was sick so made me go to school. A few hours later I caused a mess and my mum had to come and take me home.

Then I got told off for going to school as I should have been old enough to know better.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                    What's that smell

Hang on, has HAB got a spare room? You might be in time to join him for his weekly bath.
                    HAB is not feeling well either. No throwing up or things like that. Just feeling low and got a wicked headache. (not a hangover)

However, my heating and hot water is working just fine.
                    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by Boudica View Post
                      hello everyone

i'd be grateful for some experiences/opinions...i'm in a rented flat without double glazing and the boiler has died. the letting agents have arranged for a heating 'engineer' to turn up sometime today, they have already told me on the phone that if the boiler needs replacing it couldn't happen untill monday at the earliest.

i'm wondering if the boiler can't be fixed what am i entitled to do eg. go to a hotel or something, i have a small electric heater, but it's about 15 degrees in here today and i have a horrid flu and i'm not sure i can cope for four days with no shower...

It may be the colder weather has resulted in the pressure drop in the water and the boiler has gone into safe mode, so to speak.

Look for a gauge that shows pressure it should be around the 12 O' Clock position, where is it at?
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X