• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Drinks to avoid - advice from the wise

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Durbs View Post
    I unfortunately cannot drink any form of Whisky. Just the smell makes me instantly heave (bad experience with Bells in my youth).

Shame as i hear lots of people rave about various types and feel i'm missing out.
    Son did that with Jack Daniels a few months ago. As a result I have the best part of two bottles all to myself this christmas
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Yeah, I have a slight aversion to Southern Comfort after polishing off a bottle of duty free one merry afternoon a few years back

(although I won't say no if there's nothing else around)
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Martini is tulip - either shaken or stirred

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          Yeah, I have a slight aversion to Southern Comfort after polishing off a bottle of duty free one merry afternoon a few years back

(although I won't say no if there's nothing else around)
          Owlie I know what you mean!
          I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Hapsburg Gold Label.

This stuff is lethal. A few years ago, we had a BBQ during the summer, the BBQ being located inside my mates garage. After getting very drunk, I decided to throw a small amount of it onto said BBQ, which produced a rather startling effect which we call ceiling of fire!!

Never again. The warning on the back actually says something like drinking in neat can cause blindness and/or death. Subtle

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
              Illuminous green puke...

Doesn't matter what I drink - the puke always ends up that colour
              Drink cheap French red wine, the stuff that comes in plastic bottles. Et voilà, purple puke.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
                Drink cheap French red wine, the stuff that comes in plastic bottles. Et voilà, purple puke.
                Or get your bird pissed on Cherry B!!! That way when she pukes it looks like she's hemorrhaged!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
                  With the added bonus that you never get pissed because it's not physically possible to drink enough of it before you puke anyway.

There is a reason that stuff comes in the same sort of plastic bottles as Meths.

Comment

Stroh Rum

http://www.drinkfinder.co.uk/showdetails.asp?id=3692

Every time that's been brought out it has a 50% vom rate from the persons present from one shot, even if they've had nothing else to drink.
                    And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
                      Stroh Rum

http://www.drinkfinder.co.uk/showdetails.asp?id=3692

Every time that's been brought out it has a 50% vom rate from the persons present from one shot, even if they've had nothing else to drink.
                      Havnt had that in years, was lovely stuff as I recall ( hazily ), tasted like toffee

Was responcible for some very embarrassing photos of a mate who over did it and passed out. Bananas and whipped cream were involved in the subsequent humiliation

Comment

Working...
                      X