• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This is how to sort out the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dog's Heinous
    I am not Cyberwotshisname. Nor am I his sockpuppet.

I don't know whether you will be surprised to know this, but I would guess that I've been browsing this forum for longer than 95 percent of the people who have posted here in the last 12 months. Someone on here claimed that Threaded only registered in 2005. I was surprised at that, as I perceive him as a CUK old-timer. 2005 seems like recent history to me, in the context of CUK.

Dog's Heinous
    Put them fools straight, mate!
    How exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by Dog's Heinous View Post
      [I]

1) Withdraw from Europe so that the UK is no longer bound by European laws and can no longer be controlled in any way by Europe (ie stop people taking the UK for a ride at the European court of human rights etc). This one comes first because it paves the way for all the other changes - people would not then be able to go crying to European court to override the rest of the stuff on this list. Human rights are important, but so are the interests of the majority. It's a balance. So lets make up our own laws about that, which we control.

Dog's Heinous
      Tellin' it like it is!
      You obviously havent thought it through!

The European Court Of Human Rights is the only court that can keep this insane govt. in check. Do away with the ECHR and you are effectively living in a police state.

Of course you wont realise how valuable the ECHR is until you fall foul of an unfair law passed by this Labour govt.

Retrospective taxation is a good example. See the BN66 thread:

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...al-review.html
      'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
      Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Working...
      X