• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Very Sad. Very very sad, this.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One day is pretty much the same as another when I'm working on plan B. But weekends are noiser - the kids aren't at school.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
      It's not that sad. That's common enough amongst pensioners, the unemployed, long term off sick and benchees. It's the absence of the 5 day working week. I frequently don't know what day of the week it is, nor does my retired Dad, nor does a mate of mine who's been off sick for the last few months.

Don't worry about it.
      Originally posted by zeitghost
      I also have difficulty knowing which day of the week it is.

Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays all seem much of a muchness.

Other than Wednesdays being like the Marie Celeste around here.
      Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Yeh, never know what day it is either, I usually add two to what I think it is.
      This is what the Today programme on Radio4 is for. They are constantly reminding you of the day and date.

Not that it would have helped the lady in the OP though because it is not on on a Sunday.

hth

Comment

Being old can't be that bad. Sometimes the hopelessly insane and confused have something I want so bad. Blissful ignorance. I aim to be like Rowley Birkin QC, he's my hero.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I'm way ahead of you with that one.
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

In my observation of a previous neighbour, when you get really old you can go round groping women and they just think it's funny. Unfortunately, you have probably forgotten why you are groping them by then and it's just habit.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
              This is what the Today programme on Radio4 is for. They are constantly reminding you of the day and date.

Not that it would have helped the lady in the OP though because it is not on on a Sunday.

hth
              Well, then she would have known it was Sunday because there wasn't a Today programme on Radio 4.

There's a purpose behind these things, you know

Comment

Working...
              X