• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Very Sad. Very very sad, this."

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    This is what the Today programme on Radio4 is for. They are constantly reminding you of the day and date.

Not that it would have helped the lady in the OP though because it is not on on a Sunday.

hth
    Well, then she would have known it was Sunday because there wasn't a Today programme on Radio 4.

There's a purpose behind these things, you know

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    In my observation of a previous neighbour, when you get really old you can go round groping women and they just think it's funny. Unfortunately, you have probably forgotten why you are groping them by then and it's just habit.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    I'm way ahead of you with that one.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Being old can't be that bad. Sometimes the hopelessly insane and confused have something I want so bad. Blissful ignorance. I aim to be like Rowley Birkin QC, he's my hero.

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    It's not that sad. That's common enough amongst pensioners, the unemployed, long term off sick and benchees. It's the absence of the 5 day working week. I frequently don't know what day of the week it is, nor does my retired Dad, nor does a mate of mine who's been off sick for the last few months.

Don't worry about it.
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    I also have difficulty knowing which day of the week it is.

Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays all seem much of a muchness.

Other than Wednesdays being like the Marie Celeste around here.
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Yeh, never know what day it is either, I usually add two to what I think it is.
    This is what the Today programme on Radio4 is for. They are constantly reminding you of the day and date.

Not that it would have helped the lady in the OP though because it is not on on a Sunday.

hth

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    One day is pretty much the same as another when I'm working on plan B. But weekends are noiser - the kids aren't at school.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Blimey! Are you serious?

How old are you?
    He is my dad after all.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    That sounds like a rather unfortunate idea.
    can you see it zeity ?
    it's touchwood, my familiar, with his little chrimbo hat on

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post

Nice paint job on your avatar BTW - much better than last years daffodil
    look carefully my dear. look very closely. Use the force

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Is he still baffled by the Electrickery though?
    I think he was baffled by trying to match Churchy pint for pint!

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    it's scrote to my friends

Nice paint job on your avatar BTW - much better than last years daffodil

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    I have met EO and sadly he is not a wizened old scroat - well mentally he may be but physically he aint.
    He does have facial hair though.. i think
    it's scrote to my friends

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    EO's avatar IS EO
    I have met EO and sadly he is not a wizened old scroat - well mentally he may be but physically he aint.
    He does have facial hair though.. i think

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Blimey! Are you serious?

How old are you?
    i'm dead old me

if you want to know how to cope when you are down on the bones of your @rse, I am your man

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Blimey! Are you serious?

How old are you?
    EO's avatar IS EO

Leave a comment:

Working...
X