• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you wear a hat ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a couple of wooly hats for cold weather and a leather bushmans hat for when it's pissing it down / stupidly hot and sunny. Wide brim keeps the rain / sun off nicely, being leather it doesn't leak and the vent holes keep your head cool when it's too hot.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Woolly hat to protect hair from wind. Man I am seeing wore a hat over on the weekend, was kind of cute, looked like a teacosy.

Comment

A black woolly hat during colder weather.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          I have a couple of wooly hats for cold weather and a leather bushmans hat for when it's pissing it down / stupidly hot and sunny. Wide brim keeps the rain / sun off nicely, being leather it doesn't leak and the vent holes keep your head cool when it's too hot.
          I approve most emphatically of your choice!

I bought a Kangaroo Leather bushmans hat in Canberra earlier this year. It's waterproof, sunproof, folds up into a lovely linen bag for travel and makes me look a little like Hugh Jackman (in my opinion, not shared by anyone else)....

.....but it does stink of Kangaroo....

Comment

Originally posted by ilovehr View Post

.....but it does stink of Kangaroo....
            tanned kangaroo?

LOL

Comment

Tanned or untanned - Kangaroos stink!!!

And so do Koalas for that matter......this came as a great surprise to me when I was lukcy enough to meet up with a couple at the Zoo in Sydney.

They smell a little like eucalyptus cough sweets mixed with cigar smoke......

Comment

Panama in the tropics / foreign climes - Sidney Greenstreet.

Bluf or beanie in the winter - I look like a scally.

and a waxed hat with brim in the rain - country walks, to the pub - like a Barbour ad.

Comment

As a northerner I got my first tweed flat cap around the age of 6 and never lost the habit. It folds nicely into a jacket inside pocket for the rare occasions it's not drizzling.
                  Panama occasionally in summer.

Comment

Bucket hat, prob cos I still want to be in the Stone Roses, milling about a field circa 1989 connecting with people.

Comment

Black wolly hat when it's super cold.

Cap, only on holidays where there's absolutely no shade or I'm reading

Hard hat for work (no pencil but with eye protectors.)

Comment

Working...
                      X