• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You just won £45,570,835.50

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There might be a few contracts in Liverpool on Jobserve tomorrow.

Times: Welsh couple and IT workers share £91m Euromillions jackpot

The winners are employed as sub-contractors by Hewlett Packard to do internal IT work and computer support.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

I expect the winners will be discovering new 'friends', and perhaps some long lost relatives too. Still, the butler can handle them.

Comment

If any of the HP contractors in the syndicate are on here, congratulations !

Please please please make a video for you tube, telling the nasty boss (and there will be one, I'm sure) to get stuffed, whilst you hand out a few treats to other co-workers who didn't win.

You've done it, you're free ! Go and enjoy !
        Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
          If any of the HP contractors in the syndicate are on here, congratulations !
          If there any of you contractors from HP who might like to contribute to my favourite personal charity please send me a PM and I will send you the sort code and account number for you to deposit some funds into.

Many thanks

Bod.

Comment

I feel sorry if there one of the syndicate who is a bit "overdue" with his or her subs, and has been banned or something. (Hopefully the organisers would show some leniency).

Or left the scheme recently due to a change in job or financial status. Must be gutting...
            Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

I saw a cracking cartoon.

It's a weedy little bespeckled, puny middle-aged f@rt (aka sasguru) entering a dating agency.
              The woman behind the desk is doing her nails, obviously bored rigid. looks at the guy with a resigned air and mentally writes him off as a no-hoper.

Guy sits down and tells his life story. Finishes with 'the only thing of any interest that ever happened to me was last month when I won the lottery'

Last panel the woman is sitting on his knee, staring into his eyes
              'Oh I just knew, I just knew. The moment you walked through that door.....'

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                Guy sits down and tells his life story. Finishes with 'the only thing of any interest that ever happened to me was last month when I won the lottery'

So, what first attracted you to the millionaire Paul Daniels?

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  I saw a cracking cartoon.

It's a weedy little bespeckled, puny middle-aged f@rt (aka sasguru) entering a dating agency.
                  The woman behind the desk is doing her nails, obviously bored rigid. looks at the guy with a resigned air and mentally writes him off as a no-hoper.

bespectacled, grandad.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                    So, what first attracted you to the millionaire Paul Daniels?
                    I reckon this is what makes us superior to the female of the species. I would kn0b 'em regardless of how many millions they had. So long as they have big bazoomers

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X