• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The little things that annoy you

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    ‘ists
    even Atheists, even though I am one I don’t feel the need to shove it down people’s throats

So its not just me (as an atheist/borderline agnostic) who's getting sick of the atheist agenda.
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
      Yeah, there is that option, you're right. It's a tangled web isn't it. Pretty much everything seems to be a tangled web, come to think of it. We should hire some spiders to sort it all out.
      In ten years I've only found one agent I can trust, I don't bulltulip him and vice versa and he's been put to the test a few times.
      But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post

So its not just me (as an atheist/borderline agnostic) who's getting sick of the atheist agenda.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          Now I feel even more superior!
          Thanks
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

What do you mean by atheist agenda exactly? Dawkin's spoutings?
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              What do you mean by atheist agenda exactly? Dawkin's spoutings?
              I would consider him to be the ringleader yes
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

I can see why some people would find him offensive.

Personally I think belief in God will die out by itself within a few hundred years, as long as we avoid forcible indoctrination of our children and allow them to make their own minds up. Of course, there is the whole debate as to whether one ought to be allowed to indoctrinate ones own children, which depends on some extent on whether you feel there has to come a time when people cease to believe what you believe to be falsehoods or human progress will be stunted.

That I think is the next great idealogical war, and there are people far worse than Dawkins on both sides of it.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Agencies that use fake names in the adverts.

Rang regarding a gig advertised on jobserve and the receptionist almost tripped herself up on whether said imaginary name was on the phone or in a meeting.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Journalists who write that 'x has admitted that...' as if some enormous secret had been uncovered when it's actually some banal and obvious factoid.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                      I can see why some people would find him offensive.

Personally I think belief in God will die out by itself within a few hundred years, as long as we avoid forcible indoctrination of our children and allow them to make their own minds up. Of course, there is the whole debate as to whether one ought to be allowed to indoctrinate ones own children, which depends on some extent on whether you feel there has to come a time when people cease to believe what you believe to be falsehoods or human progress will be stunted.

That I think is the next great idealogical war, and there are people far worse than Dawkins on both sides of it.
                      Look, I wasn't trying to start some kind of Spanish Inquisition!
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X