• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Beer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post

It took me 3 seconds to work out that was a B3TA production.

It's an excellent bit of work. Especially the bit about crossing the road - the timing, the heart-stopping tension.

Brilliant.
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

I would like to inform the assembled populace that I'm now leaving the office and heading for the pub.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
        Never understood the fascination with Stella. It always tastes metallic and sour to me, like the pub hasn't cleaned out the lines (which is often the case).

Give me a good hand-pumped ale, or failing that, draught Guinness.
        Stella can go from very good to very bad between pubs.

Had the first out the pipes yesterday and it was grim. Should have sent it back.

The other 2 contractors left this week so I have been boozing most lunch times this week.

Comment

We had Stella on special at home, and it is a stronger tasting lager than others such as Grolsch, Becks & Bud; not my favourite. Becks Vier I found very nice.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            Stella can go from very good to very bad between pubs.

Had the first out the pipes yesterday and it was grim. Should have sent it back.

The other 2 contractors left this week so I have been boozing most lunch times this week.
            But even when it's tip-top condition (I am assured), it tastes horrible to me. A nasty metal taste. I can't remember what the Belgian stuff is like, but surely to God it has to be better than that.

Anyway, glad you're enjoying it - pity it has to be at leaving dos.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Peroni is my favourite, the big 660ml bottles if at home.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                But even when it's tip-top condition (I am assured), it tastes horrible to me. A nasty metal taste. I can't remember what the Belgian stuff is like, but surely to God it has to be better than that.

Anyway, glad you're enjoying it - pity it has to be at leaving dos.
                Stella is tulipe.

Becks is better, Grolsh as well.

Proper blokes don't drink fizzy beer you can see through anyway.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  Stella is tulipe.

Becks is better, Grolsh as well.

Proper blokes don't drink fizzy beer you can see through anyway.
                  Absolutely.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Staropramen is my current tipple of choice - moved on from the Stella

but the local is a great pub - does a lot of real ale and so they always make sure that all the brews are properly managed and maintained.

Thirsty now!

Comment

Youngs took over my local.

It had been run by a micro-brewery who had it on a lease. When they took on the lease it was a tulip-hole (quite a few of my friends had been barred after plod caught them drinking aged 16).

They stocked it with wonderful beer, their own and many, many guest beers of all strengths and tastes.

The freeholder sold it to Youngs.

Youngs told them they could no longer decide what beer to sell, and could no longer sell beer from their own micro-brewery.

It's now just another Youngs clone pub, nice enough but not exceptional.

Comment

Working...
                      X