• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pendragon - a warning for you contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully not too many clientco's since I heard recently that all contractors using Pendragon at a Government site near Reading are having problems obtaining their money.

Apparently Pendragon have been paid many weeks worth of legally invoiced money by the end client, but are flatly refusing to pay contractors anything.

I had the same issues with them earlier this year, and again about 10 times in 2008.

Avoid like the plague, it's one thing not working and not getting paid; but to be working and not getting paid because Pendragon want to keep ALL your dosh is a lot less fun than being benched!

Comment

Originally posted by PinkPoshRat View Post
      I actually contracted through Pendragon earlier this year (for the same client too,) so no new references would have been required.

I was mildly surprised to get called by Pendragon this morning asking whether I was still available for work. They have now supossedly forwarded my cv to another client for consideration.

I am not holding my breath... but am wondering what I should do?
      How about amending your original post to

"...5/10 - could do better.

..and you Richard, you little tinker..."

..but reading the last post here. I'd do nowt.
      Last edited by cojak; 25 August 2009, 19:57.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Maybe he was a recruitment agent with a heart and decided that a white lie would not hurt you ....

or maybe he was a crazed pathalogical LIAR !

Don't think you are the only one who has experienced this, I have also.

I remember around 2001 there was another strange breed of agent that used to call you up almost hyper ventilating telling you that they just caught a whiff of a great new opportunity exclusive to their agency and they were "so" enthusiastic about "getting you in there", then after the phone was put down you never heard from them EVER again, it was like dealing with a religious fundamentalist nut and the funny thing was that I got several of these types of phone calls that led NOWHERE.

Comment

Obviously an agent who doesnt want to tell you the truth.

Ahhhh. What a nice chap
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
          X