• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thatcher's top five achievements

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God knows how I got through College and University thanks to the terrible under funding of my primary and secondary schools. It was pretty dreadful the resources we had. 1984 to 1996.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
      The thing about you left-wingers is that you always claim the moral high-ground, but how does the abolition of the 10 per cent tax rate, the creation of nearly 4 million unemployed, and the plunging of pensioners into poverty defend your position ?
      They were done by a centre-right government (new labour) so what's that got to do with anything?

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
        1) Gold
        2) Katy
        3) Old Rascal
        4) Scrumpy Jug
        5) Heritage
        Who did (or does) Mendip Magic?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Those northerners were brought up in poverty (the proper kind, without Sky) because Thatcher got all their dads sacked, and then struggled to find work themselves in her aftermath.

That'd be their argument anyway.

That just proves how bigoted Northerners really are.

Comment

Originally posted by weemster View Post
            The tories are the only party capable of taking this country forward at this moment in time.

Oh really? And what specific policies that they have make you think that?
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by the_duderama View Post
              I genuinly don't think this was there intention, and whilst i do think they were trying to raise the bar for the lowest common denomination they were also trying to help the disadvantaged who wanted to achive more.

Problem being they were incompetent, and they became too focused on media reaction, basing policy more on how the public/media would react rather than a long term strategy, eneding up with the short sighted mess we are now in.

No, it was obviously not their intention, but unfortunately Labour policies always seem to have major unintended detrimental consequences because they rely on dogma rather than brain-power to think things through.

Dogma made them abolish 'assisted places'.... no right minded person could really have thought that it would improve the situation for the education of less privileged kids. As you infer, this stupid policy was probably done to appeal to the media and their dimwit voters.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                So: not evil, just hopeless. Not sure that's better.

WHS !! Always hopeless, but hopelessly expensive for us taxpayers and the future of the nation.

Comment

Originally posted by the_duderama View Post
                  Yep, pretty much.

Thing is the tories are idiots, Cameron's a snake oil salesman, i don't even what goes on with the lib dems, so what you gonna do?

Please explain. Is this because they are rich toffs or do you have a more reasoned argument ?

Comment

Originally posted by weemster View Post
                    The tories are the only party capable of taking this country forward at this moment in time.

... at any time !!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                      Please explain. Is this because they are rich toffs or do you have a more reasoned argument ?
                      Being rich toffs doesn't bother me, but the tories are just all PR and no substantive policies, Obama had it right when he called Cameron a lightweight.

Comment

Working...
                      X