• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hygiene

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Really?

You don't mind catching MRSA then, I take it...
    The staff should be clean at all times, and the equipment/building. But I don't think I'm going to catch MRSA because someone going to visit a new parent in the maternity ward didn't wash their hands every 10m down the hallways.
    The number of places that suddenly have these anti-bacterial gel dispensers glued to every available surface is just silly.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      You should really consider washing your hands after a poo also.
      in my opinion

Well this was my original point - how surprised I was at the standards of personal hygiene amongst many Britishers. When I was growing up in India we aspired to British standards - I am surprised at the general decline in standards in many aspects of public life - hygiene, language, politeness, dress code to name a few.

Comment

I've got some anti-bacterial handwash I start using when there was a Norovirus outbreak here and I just kept using it. It's essential kit when working in an office with people who don't wash their hands and the cleaners don't clean the door handles.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by chetty View Post
          Well this was my original point - how surprised I was at the standards of personal hygiene amongst many Britishers. When I was growing up in India we aspired to British standards - I am surprised at the general decline in standards in many aspects of public life - hygiene, language, politeness, dress code to name a few.

listen mate, I saw slumdog millionaire. At least we dont have feral kids bunking onto trains in THIS country

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

On the other hand, various studies have indicated that all our allergies are due to too much hygeine in childhood, we need to build up resistance early.

My theory is that we should abolish toilets and simply poo all over the place like animals. Disease would be eradicated in no time. Sewers could be turned into social housing.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              On the other hand, various studies have indicated that all our allergies are due to too much hygeine in childhood, we need to build up resistance early.

My theory is that we should abolish toilets and simply poo all over the place like animals. Disease would be eradicated in no time. Sewers could be turned into social housing.
              This is why us Northeners are hard. We are constantly covered in poo germs.

Last edited by EternalOptimist; 27 July 2009, 10:08.
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

That leads to the population developing, over a few decades, hyperactive immune systems that start attacking the body when you get to 50.

Comment

It's like the story of Goldilocks. You have to rub yourself with an amount of poo that's just right. It's a fine line between allergies and cholera.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                    I've got some anti-bacterial handwash I start using when there was a Norovirus outbreak here and I just kept using it. It's essential kit when working in an office with people who don't wash their hands and the cleaners don't clean the door handles.
                    I was in an office toilet and washed my hands, dried them, and turned to the door only to see it closing after a man who had just gone out without washing his hands.

What's the point, I thought, of washing my hands after they touch my dick, only to rub them on a door handle anointed by the germs from his?

So I stopped washing my hands. Er, no: so I started using a paper towel to open the door. It makes me look like a prat but it is only sensible, so why do I think it makes me look like a prat? Not that that has ever stopped me.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                      Link please. Otherwise I don't believe it. There is no islamic prohibition on using alcohol as such, it is the consumption of intoxicants that is forbidden.

Mail on Sunday, Page 8, headline 'Muslim Hand-Gel Farce' refers to 'some muslims at St Albans Council have complained about the antibacterial lotion which is considered a key strategy in containing the virus'.

I'm sure there is at least one other 'M on S' reader to verify, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X