• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

10 pounds an hour? Is this a mistake?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post
    Take your pick, Im working, most are not.

Thats all that counts.

PZZ
    And you are happy to boast that?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      And you are happy to boast that?
      Being in continual work is how I measure my success, how about you? Working??

PZZ

Comment

Being in continual work is how I measure my success, how about you? Working??

PZZ
        I thought success in the West was measured by the amount of time you do not have to work?

Comment

I thought success in the West was measured by the amount of time you do not have to work?
          This theory is has certainly come true for many contractors, but is not one that I would want to subscribe to.

PXX

Comment

This theory is has certainly come true for many contractors, but is not one that I would want to subscribe to.

PXX
            Well that is certainly why you are on here, if I told you I could not pay my mortgage next month would that make you happy?

Comment

Well that is certainly why you are on here, if I told you I could not pay my mortgage next month would that make you happy?
              Nope, just a sign of the state of the market- wait any longer and it will get worse. The truth always hurts, they say- for many the contract market will never provide disguised employment again, the signs have been there for 10 years IMO.

Good luck.

PZZ

Comment

Nope, just a sign of the state of the market
                I don't have a mortage, I always have planned to only work 6 months a year, knocked back extension in Jan and picked one up when I was talked into it this month, I really wanted to watch the cricket. I have other clients which take up a full year's work and as you can see by my time on here I am on my machine up to 18 hours a day, I also outsource work to Pakistan which I make profit from.

Comment

I don't have a mortage, I always have planned to only work 6 months a year, knocked back extension in Jan and picked one up when I was talked into it this month, I really wanted to watch the cricket. I have other clients which take up a full year's work and as you can see by my time on here I am on my machine up to 18 hours a day, I also outsource work to Pakistan which I make profit from.
                  Much like many of us then. (Not ever had a mortgage myself, preferred to pay cash for my 6 homes around the world BTW).

Goodnight.

PZZ

Comment

Much like many of us then. (Not ever had a mortgage myself, preferred to pay cash for my 6 homes around the world BTW).

Goodnight.

PZZ
                    6 homes.

wow
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                      6 homes.

wow
                      Yes in places that I work most frequently.

PZZ

Comment

Working...
                      X