• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Welcome.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet this was staged by the BNP themselves.
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Lone Gunman posted LOne wonders if the anti fascists see the irony in their actions.
      Indeed, my thought as well.

If only the demonstrators turned on the real party of fascists, the Labour Party. They are the party and the voters who have wrecked the country.

Nick Griffin should have said "Fine. You've come here to attack us and our policies. But before you do, have a look at what the government in charge has done, before you start throwing eggs. Your vitriol is misdirected."
      Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

The organiser of the protest was on C4 news there saying that the BNP should not have rights to freedom of speech. I actually hate them more than the BNP.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          The organiser of the protest was on C4 news there saying that the BNP should not have rights to freedom of speech. I actually hate them more than the BNP.
          WHS++;

Comment

I don't support the BNP but we actually need the likes of the BNP, UKIP and the others to try to wake the "mainstream" politicians up and remind them that they are there to serve their country and not the other way round.
            Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
            Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Nice to see the Police are even handed

A 29-year-old man was taken away in handcuffs. He was later identified by his girlfriend as Craig Evans, a farm worker from Denbigh.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/d...00/4098929.stm

Oh sorry the Police can decide who they arrest and who they allow to go free so they can go on to telly later.

Note I personally can't stand the BNP but you can't pick and choose who the law applies to. Thats why the lady is blindfolded.

Vile as he is he is an MP and he was assaulted, strangely he didn't lash out either.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

As much as I do not agree with their politics, the likes of the BNP represent the extreme ends of UK politics. If so many people are voting for an extreme party then there is something seriously wrong and the main parties should be addressing this issue. To simply ignore them is the wrong thing to do. They should be looking to find why so many agree with them as to vote for them.
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Tony English said : They should be looking to find why so many agree with them as to vote for them.
                  Because people are more than just a little angry, annoyed, disenchanted and fed up with the existing status quo ?

Because people are sick to death of cotton wool politics, and want strong and decisive leadership ?

Because people want results NOW and not another Quango set up to examine the impact of X, Y or Z of which the report will be ready in 10 years time ?

Because most people are generally moderate and tolerant in their way of thinking, but if you keep poking the bear with a sharp stick, it's going to turn ?

Because people know the BNP frightens most of the Establishment, and wish to serve their political masters a dose of their own medicine ?

Because people think, "Why not ? Can they be any worse ? Who knows ? They have no previous record of Governance, so why not give them a go ? After all, they can be voted out again in 4 years time, so what the hell ?"
                  Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
                    Because people are sick to death of cotton wool politics, and want strong and decisive leadership ?
                    I don't. I want politicians who'll get out of the way, stop nosing around in my life, stop stealing my money and leave me alone to get on with running my life and my business as I see fit. I don't see the likes of the BNP or any of the far right European parties doing that, especially as I have a foreign wife, have lived in several different countries, was born in an Islamic country, live in a different country to my passport and wish to keep hold of the freedom to which I have become accustomed. People who vote for the BNP out of 'protest' are just plain stupid; there are protest votes possible for a range of parties that claim they want to change 'the system' but don't propose tyrannical racism or exploit fear of the outside world like the BNP and their ilk. On the other, hand, I want politicians who'll sort out the education system so that people are equipped with the skills to actually THINK about their political choices instead of following some inane soundbite like 'Elbonian jobs for Elbonian workers'.

In other words, people vote for the BNP because they are, rightly in my mind, frustrated, but are too damn thick to think logically and judge the arguments on their merit. For that,the traditional governing parties of Europe are to some extent to blame; if we're unable to educate people in basic principles of liberty, humanity and peaceful democracy in a continent which in the last hundred years has seen two world wars, a holocaust, a genocide in the Balkans, a genocide in Armenia and genocide in the Soviet Union, all as a result of that nasty combination of nationalism, fear of the outside world and 'strong and decisive leadership' then something is catastrophically wrong with our education systems and indeed our societies.
                    Last edited by Mich the Tester; 10 June 2009, 08:21.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

if people want to protest against labour , why vote for a racist party ,
                      why not for the greens or some other loony party.
                      Voting for an openly racist party means only one thing which is you are a racist yourself although you might not admit it.

Comment

Working...
                      X