• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Environmental sabotage (in a good way)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    I'm no expert, but I suspect that any sperm whale appearing on a greenfield site in the UK would be a little confused - although the pot of geraniums that appear along side it, is used to that sort of thing
    petunias

I don't know. Where do some people go to school.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
      petunias

I don't know. Where do some people go to school.
      Thanks - I did almost look it up to check, I was confident that I would soon be corrected if I was wrong.
      If there's one thing you can always be sure of on CUK its pedantry.
      I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Birds, bats, badgers and 1000 trees, tried the lot in stopping the council. 900 objections but if they want to build there nothing can really stop them.

Our only option now is to try and make the land unmarketable due to the extensive mining that went on there. We have realised that you don't get anywhere if you follow the formal procedures.

If anyone knows of anyone with a whale let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
          True. We live in Greenwich and my dog is fascinated by them - we normally see one or two on our evening walk.
          Reading the above after reading the posts about whales was quite surreal.

Forget good environmental sabotage - seed the land with uranium.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
            True. We live in Greenwich and my dog is fascinated by them - we normally see one or two on our evening walk.
            Is saw in the City by the Royal Exchange about a year ago.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Reading the above after reading the posts about whales was quite surreal.

Forget good environmental sabotage - seed the land with uranium.
              A bit of Japanese knotwood would be good too.
              The stuff is very invasive, grows like wildfire and can easily ruin foundations, so when they find it they'll have to cost in the excavation of a very deep, wide hole to ensure it's all been removed. might slow them down for a bit and give you time to find local fauna to inhabit the site.

Comment

If it's a brown field site then the sugestion that there may have been asbestos on the site that was not adequately cleaned up would probably do the trick.

Alternatively write the local paper complaining of extensive contamination with Di-Hydrogen Oxide, a chemical known to be found in cancerous cells, brain cells of Varient CJD patients and in the blood of victims of drug overdoses
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Catch as many grey squirrels as you can and dye thier fur red.

Plant some fake archaeology on the site.

Bury a jerry can with petrol in it and pretend to strike oil.

Buy skeletons off the idiots on the apprentice and bury them.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    If it's a brown field site then the sugestion that there may have been asbestos on the site that was not adequately cleaned up would probably do the trick.

Alternatively write the local paper complaining of extensive contamination with Di-Hydrogen Oxide, a chemical known to be found in cancerous cells, brain cells of Varient CJD patients and in the blood of victims of drug overdoses
                    The park we are trying to save is totally contaminated, they flattened an old foundry and stuck the heavy metal laden ashes in the mines underneath. The voids are about 50 foot high and have since flooded, so they are going to drain them into lagoons and fill them with topsoil. So for us contamination has not been a barrier.

Comment

Working...
                    X