• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What was the FIRST gig you saw?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 4 Skins - The Adelphi
    Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
      I saw Iron Maiden at the Gaumont in '83 - cracking gig
      Only ever saw them when Paul Di'Annio was the singer who once gave me a black eye when pissed as he tripped over my foot. We went up to him and got him to apologise and he bought a round of drinks for us in the end. I remember that he bonked this bird I knew once and promptly fell asleep and she was extremely annoyed so she poured lighter fluid over his gonads and set them alight. Dave Murray used to live down my road and we used to go watch them practise in the local village halls.
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by stingman123 View Post
        The 4 Skins - The Adelphi
        Saw them in South London with the Ovalteenies as support and a race riot promptly happened. Remember when they played at the YMCA in Chelmsford and 2 opposing factions of skinheads turned up. I ended up hiding under a tbale on the stage while numerous missiles flew around. Happy days
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Ozzy at the appollo in Manchester on his Ultimate Sin tour, supported by Ratt - probably 1985 or 86. A bit later on we went to see my worst ever concert (including the Tweenies I took my son to when he was little) Saxon, supported by Loudness (or Roudness as they kept shouting). Saxon looked like a bunch of tramps that found all their stage stuf in a skip and Roudness were just rubbish. Ahh Manchesta yow are all cwazy mutha f***erz etc. To be honest if any of us knew one of the songs that either band played it might have helped
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Queen at Hyde Park - did not see much of it but I am showing my age here
            Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Lou Reed, Hammersmith Odeon, September 1978

Comment

darmstadt wrote : YMCA in Chelmsford
                Springfield Rockers FTW !
                Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Michael Jackson, Bad tour at Wembley.

My mum was a fan.
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Monsters of rock August 22 1981

AC/DC
                    Whitesnake
                    Blue Öyster Cult
                    Slade
                    Blackfoot
                    More

Marked the beginning of Slade's comeback.
                    My second gig, the first being Def Leppard a couple of weeks before at the Manchester Apollo (which became my second home through my teenage years)
                    'elf and safety guru

Comment

rem @ stirling castle mid 90's - it was awesome
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X