• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What was the FIRST gig you saw?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live Aid, 1985

Comment

The Prodigy @ the Bournemouth International Centre, on the Fat of the Land tour in 1997.

Seems I've gone full circle...
      Gas masks don't fit snails...

Comment

The Who - Glasgow Apollo - 1974

Comment

Oasis @ Loch Lomand 1996

edit in fact, no, it was Paul Weller at the Barras the year before that
          Every Saint has a past, Every Sinner a future"

Originally Posted by Pogle
          I wasnt really into men at the time - IYKWIM

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Ravello View Post
            Guns 'N' Roses - Milton Keynes Rose Bowl ('94) - awesome.
            Saw that one too, popped my proverbial GnR cherry good and proper
            Saw Springsteen there the week before, excellent gig and was on stage for over 4 hours
            Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Thin Lizzy at Hammersmith Odeon, some time around 1977.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                SteelEyeSpan, Loughborough, 1972.

Seems rather a long time ago now...
                Wow..goes with envy.

I'm a huge Maddy fan but have never actually seen her with Steeleye.

Did see Steeleye minus Maddy at Cropredy one year and have also seen Maddy with the Carnival Band back in 2007 on their Music for Tavern and Chapel.

Do you like E?

...and as for the OP - it was a terrible outfit called The Varukers at Bridgwater Arts Centre in 1985 but I can almost guarantee that none of you would have heard of them lol....

Comment

Either Queen or Status Quo at Milton Keynes bowl. I was between 8 and 10 at the time. I don't really remember which came first.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Yes at Bingley Hall Staffs
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Marillion. Predictably.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X