• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Divorce payouts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snaw View Post
    LOL. I like how not a single piece of this statement makes any sense whatsoever.
    Well that's cause Denver is clearly AtW.

No 2 people could be that incomprehensable.
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

With regards to the issue at hand...

I think this is one of the most cut and dry cases seen in the press for years!

Married 28 years, 7 kids - their money is exactly that - "their's".

It should be split 100% down the middle.
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
        Well that's cause Denver is clearly AtW.
        I am not so sure about that.

What possible interest would AtW have in the subject of divorce payouts?

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
          I am not so sure about that.

What possible interest would AtW have in the subject of divorce payouts?

Very good point!
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
            It should be split 100% down the middle.
            I don't think that each partner's contribution and what they had before the marriage should matter one little bit.

Marriage is supposed to be a partnership where two people effectively become a single unit, to treat it any differently is to demean it.

It is not as though that isn't made completely clear to you beforehand.

EDIT: Of course, I haven't been through a bitter divorce and neither has any of my family.

Comment

Marriage is supposed to be a partnership where two people effectively become a single unit, to treat it any differently is to demean it.
              I think anyone going through a divorce has "demeaned" marriage about as much as it's possible to.

Comment

I don't think that each partner's contribution and what they had before the marriage should matter one little bit.

It is not as though that isn't made completely clear to you beforehand.

EDIT: Of course, I haven't been through a bitter divorce and neither has any of my family.
                I agree. And giving 70% to the woman on divorce is quite fair too. And of course the 30% can be held by the woman under the children reach 18.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  There should be a maximum payout limit of £1 mln unless it can be proven that the wife earned that money herself. Perhaps joint accounts should be outlawed - every adult should be grown up enough to deal with their own finances.

I don't even know where to start with this one. I assume you still have a hangover from lastnight's Guiness.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

I don't even know where to start with this one. I assume you still have a hangover from lastnight's Guiness.
                    He was drinking before 19:03?

As SKA has been such a huge success I suppose he can afford it.

Comment

Working...
                    X